Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again page 9

AuroraB is online now Senior Member
    Good luck with the mammo today! I don't have to do those ever again, lucky me (I guess?).

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Ha,found the pants! nice ass PB
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Noooooooooo. Their breads all have psyllium in them. No thanks. Ah, thank you. It's still night here now so that's tomorrow you are talking about.

I'm getting my annual mammogram, a time that always makes for a bit of nail biting.
    Eww blerg. I hadn't looked that closely, just saw they had bread. Not for me either.

Good luck today!!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    With all the other sentiments, hope it goes well today, all the best!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Oh my....... lucky for me, I visited here today!
    Thanks, Doc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Jo, as (I believe) a fellow Bristolian, can I say harken to the words of this lady, she is most wise.....
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    I cant find it (post number?) but i do appreciate the sentiment- non of my old panties fit now so i darent wear the luck pair-it woukd just be my luck that i get the all clear,get dressed and on the way out panties drop off and i trip over and break my leg or something
    #200. When I bought them I was a size 16 and they (size 6) never would have fit. I bought them for some cancer fundraiser never really intending to wear them then found them at the back of the undie drawer as I lost weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Look to the bottom of the page! OMG, your ass is awesome, and I don't have a gay bone in my body!
    <snort> Thanks, Mudflinger.
    Quote Originally Posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    Ahem... ditto! ;-)
    Ahem.....thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    Good luck with the mammo today! I don't have to do those ever again, lucky me (I guess?).
    Why not? Have you BTDT with breast cancer too?
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Good luck today!!
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    With all the other sentiments, hope it goes well today, all the best!
    Thanks so much everybody. My appointment isn't until this evening and then there will be several days of sitting around and waiting for the results. Every year, the process is getting easier.

I really think CarbDodger and I have got the right approach to keeping cancer from coming back and anybody who says keto is "dangerous", and too extreme, and indicative of an eating disorder, etc. can kiss our cancer free behinds.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I was all ready to make a trip to my local Whole Foods because the Julian Breads website stated they carried it. Then I googled "Julian paleo coconut bread review." What an eye opener. Glad the wraps worked out ok, but the best I could find on the bread was that if you covered it with goo after you toasted it, it might not suck. LOL. Since I'm not celiac, I think if I wanted bread that badly, I'd buy the sourdough from Whole Foods and just put up with the mild gas the next morning.

I also think that since the banana + egg "pancakes" work so well, it might behoove me to try mashed potato and egg and see if the starch in the potato makes that pancake bready like the banana ones. That would be a good emergency bread if I absolutely wanted a sandwich and nothing else would do.

I really think CarbDodger and I have got the right approach to keeping cancer from coming back and anybody who says keto is "dangerous", and too extreme, and indicative of an eating disorder, etc. can kiss our cancer free behinds.
    I agree. I also know of someone who has put her MS into remission eating VLC and no processed foods. As a positive side effect, she also weighs what she weighed in high school.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I was all ready to make a trip to my local Whole Foods because the Julian Breads website stated they carried it. Then I googled "Julian paleo coconut bread review." What an eye opener. Glad the wraps worked out ok, but the best I could find on the bread was that if you covered it with goo after you toasted it, it might not suck. LOL. Since I'm not celiac, I think if I wanted bread that badly, I'd buy the sourdough from Whole Foods and just put up with the mild gas the next morning.

I also think that since the banana + egg "pancakes" work so well, it might behoove me to try mashed potato and egg and see if the starch in the potato makes that pancake bready like the banana ones. That would be a good emergency bread if I absolutely wanted a sandwich and nothing else would do.

I agree. I also know of someone who has put her MS into remission eating VLC and no processed foods. As a positive side effect, she also weighs what she weighed in high school.
    Oh, I agree, the Julian Bakery Paleo bread is seriously gross. Someone made a video about it literally showing how a slice of it could be used as a cleaning sponge, repeatedly. That's the psyllium.

The wraps are just coconut though. Very tasty. I really miss Mexican food. A burrito bowl is just not the same as picking up a burrito and shoving it in your face.

Any starch will work in the 2 ingredient pancake recipe. We used to have sweet potato pancakes all the time when I was a kid. Have you ever seen Rivven's sandwich thread? It is a hoot. It is microwavable almond read you make by the slice (good for not having a whole loaf around).

That's awesome about your friend's MS.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Burritos are a great pleasure in our lives now that an american-styled burrito place opened up near our offices. I figure that a once-a-week tortilla won't kill me. And it hasn't.

Dh gets the corn tortilla tacos for his, though, since the gluten really disrupts him.

AuroraB is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Why not? Have you BTDT with breast cancer too?.
    Unfortunately, yes. Foru and a half yrs ago. Diagnosed on my 41st B-day (never getting annual physical around that time again!). Triple negative tumor. Had double mastectomy because the onc. & surgeon both said that they had never felt breasts as lumpy as mine. Didn't want ot have thre constant worry.
    On the up-side... perky chest at 45 y/o and NO BRAS needed!

I hope that wasn't TMI

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Burritos are a great pleasure in our lives now that an american-styled burrito place opened up near our offices. I figure that a once-a-week tortilla won't kill me. And it hasn't.

Dh gets the corn tortilla tacos for his, though, since the gluten really disrupts him.
    I'm sure I could handle one now and then too if I were already incredibly fit and thin and had exercise as the way I made my living. Some of us have a ways to go yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    Unfortunately, yes. Foru and a half yrs ago. Diagnosed on my 41st B-day (never getting annual physical around that time again!). Triple negative tumor. Had double mastectomy because the onc. & surgeon both said that they had never felt breasts as lumpy as mine. Didn't want ot have thre constant worry.
    On the up-side... perky chest at 45 y/o and NO BRAS needed!

I hope that wasn't TMI
    Yikes. I had mine at 45. My boobs know your pain. Mine was only on one side but the other side had to be "nipped and tucked" to match. The transplant tissue from my tummy was big enough to do a B cup but I had been a C cup. So now both sides have enough scar tissue to make bras irrelevant decorations. But they are perky!

OK, off to the radiologist now. Any thoughts and well wishes should be directed to Kaiser La Mesa facility San Diego, California. Thanks.

Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast