Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again page 7

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    PB, I'm sorry to hear about the weight gain. But seriously: I bet you still look great. 20 lbs sounds like a lot, but it depends what weight you were to begin. I put on 20 lbs and I still look slim. I'm sure you're the same - we all saw that bikini body

I'm going to suggest something which you probably won't like. Why don't you eat the way that you ate to lose the weight initially? (I'm assuming that was still keto?) Idk - maybe being carnivorous doesn't suit you in terms of weight loss? Or did you start eating like that because you'd started to regain?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Re: cheese, whenever I buy a block of tasty Kerrygold Dubliner or some nice raw grassfed cheese, I just accept that I'm going to eat it all within an hour or two. It's pointless to keep it around; I just pick some up once or twice a week and eat it. Same with good 90% dark chocolate. It works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    Same here Mr. Anthony, I consider treats like these as single servings. Saves wrestling with my conscience, which doesn't burn fat or increase muscle.
    Sounds like a plan. Maybe more like once a month for me.
    Although somewhere along the way, I seem to have lost my taste for chocolate. I have a stack of Ghiradelli 100% bars that have been sitting on a shelf for ages. Occasionally I eat one little square and that's plenty.

The other thing that is being banned from the house is nuts. (Just as soon as I finish eating the very expensive pine nuts I have.)
    Over at the Whole 9 site they have a term for such foods that makes a lot of intuitive sense. They call things like cheese, nuts, chocolate, etc. "Foods With No Brakes". Better to just not start because stopping is impossible.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 07-17-2013 at 01:23 PM.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Sounds like a plan. Maybe more like once a month for me.
    Although somewhere along the way, I seem to have lost my taste for chocolate. I have a stack of Ghiradelli 100% bars that have been sitting on a shelf for ages. Occasionally I eat one little square and that's plenty.
    i was able to taste the difference when Hershey bought them out.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    PB, I'm sorry to hear about the weight gain. But seriously: I bet you still look great. 20 lbs sounds like a lot, but it depends what weight you were to begin. I put on 20 lbs and I still look slim. I'm sure you're the same - we all saw that bikini body

I'm going to suggest something which you probably won't like. Why don't you eat the way that you ate to lose the weight initially? (I'm assuming that was still keto?) Idk - maybe being carnivorous doesn't suit you in terms of weight loss? Or did you start eating like that because you'd started to regain?
    Yeah, I know it's "vanity weight" mostly. The size 6s still button but with a muffin top that is not attractive.

Thinking back to how I did the most losing before it really was mostly carnivorous. I would generally do 6 eggs for breakfast and then a piece of meat or fish for dinner with a little side of something like asparagus. I think all the extraneous things like desserts, booze, fruit snacking etc. got cut out in the name of calories but I was on a high protein focus. I was advised in the Calorie Counting thread to up my protein so even the veg sides were minimal.

Then I started eating a lot more veggies when I started taking care of my Dad. And putting on weight. Hard to tell which is the confounding variable there, stress or diet.

I've been thinking about that girl who has that egg fast thread going. I could do that easily. A dozen eggs a day is only 850 calories depending on the size of the eggs. Add some butter and/or mayo and that would be a good day's eats.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    i was able to taste the difference when Hershey bought them out.
    Hershey owns Ghiradelli? No wonder! Ackkkk!

joapple is offline Member
    Best wishes on the new beginning! I'm new around here, so I missed all the back story save what you've mentioned here, but you sound as though you've been through a lot recently, and are putting it all behind you in the best possible way. I won't say "good luck" because that implies that you're at the mercy of chance, instead I say "power to your elbow! Keep flapping higher!"

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joapple View Post
    Best wishes on the new beginning! I'm new around here, so I missed all the back story save what you've mentioned here, but you sound as though you've been through a lot recently, and are putting it all behind you in the best possible way. I won't say "good luck" because that implies that you're at the mercy of chance, instead I say "power to your elbow! Keep flapping higher!"
    Hi there and welcome. Thank you. I was just posting something over on your journal. I like your writing style.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I have a really good cheese shop that sells raw milk snooty cheeses within walking distance of my house.
    So jealous! You seem to have a ton of great stuff within walking distance of your house... I'm definitely going to think about that if I ever move again.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

joapple is offline Member
    @ Paleobird -aw shucks *blushes* thank you

Paleobird Guest
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    So jealous! You seem to have a ton of great stuff within walking distance of your house... I'm definitely going to think about that if I ever move again.
    Downtown San Diego has everything I need just about. I very rarely even get the car out of the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by joapple View Post
    @ Paleobird -aw shucks *blushes* thank you
    You're welcome. And we will convert you away from your vegetarian ways eventually. Come over to the dark side. We have steak.

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast