Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again page 6

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    You are welcome to stalk and lurk to your heart's content and even more welcome to post.

Other than the occasional booze (which has gotten to be too occasional) and the dairy, my whole life is one giant whole 30. I'm willing to give them a try on those two issues, the booze and dairy, because what they say about these topics makes a lot of sense. Still using up the last of my (too copious) cheese stash but the booze went down the drain.
    Oh yes..don't toss the cheese. Let me know if you get in the mood to make your own ghee. Easy and so tasty.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Onward and upward, PB. Good luck.
    Thanks, Annie. Onward and upward.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Oh yes..don't toss the cheese. Let me know if you get in the mood to make your own ghee. Easy and so tasty.
    I know how to make ghee, I just like the way that butter tastes and I don't think it has enough milk solids in it to make a difference. Even the hard core Whole9 people include it.

I'm kind of a cheese snob. I only buy the really good stuff. There is a goat milk brie in the fridge calling my name.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Annie. Onward and upward.

I know how to make ghee, I just like the way that butter tastes and I don't think it has enough milk solids in it to make a difference. Even the hard core Whole9 people include it.

I'm kind of a cheese snob. I only buy the really good stuff. There is a goat milk brie in the fridge calling my name.
    You mean the Borden brand mild Cheddar ISN'T the good stuff?????

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    You mean the Borden brand mild Cheddar ISN'T the good stuff?????
    "Processed American Cheese Food-Like Substance". No, that doesn't count.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Good morning!

There is a goat milk brie in the fridge calling my name.
    There are few food things quite as alluring as the siren song from a runny goat milk brie.

Since you're somewhat contemplating watching calories, what helps me sometimes is to just have a cheese day. I make a trip and just buy what I'll eat in a day, then when I'm done, I put that tiger back in the closet until next time. Sort of a cheese refeed. Lox also works as the perfect platform for some cheeses.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Mmmmm.. Salmon refeeds! Now your talkin! We've got all kinds of wild caught on sale around here. I've been doing taste test comparisons. Sockeye vs. keta and now wild caught Alaskan pink is on sale for 1.99 per lb ths week. Time for a smoke out! We rarely see King, but I'll take it's wild caught inferior cousins any day

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Awwww. That is just about the sweetest thing I have heard in a very long time.

And, if you were single and here, your application would be eagerly accepted.

I think going cougar might make sense in that all the guys my age seem to be falling apart at the seams. I need to find a young one who can keep up with me.
    Don't give up on all of us. There are some of us "older Paleo guys" who can put the young guns to shame.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Good morning!
    There are few food things quite as alluring as the siren song from a runny goat milk brie.

Since you're somewhat contemplating watching calories, what helps me sometimes is to just have a cheese day. I make a trip and just buy what I'll eat in a day, then when I'm done, I put that tiger back in the closet until next time. Sort of a cheese refeed. Lox also works as the perfect platform for some cheeses.
    I just had the brie for brekkie. Perhaps I could have a once a week cheese refeed like Choco does his spuds. Having it in the fridge is just too dangerous though. I like your idea about buy it, eat it, then done. I have a really good cheese shop that sells raw milk snooty cheeses within walking distance of my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Mmmmm.. Salmon refeeds! Now your talkin! We've got all kinds of wild caught on sale around here. I've been doing taste test comparisons. Sockeye vs. keta and now wild caught Alaskan pink is on sale for 1.99 per lb ths week. Time for a smoke out! We rarely see King, but I'll take it's wild caught inferior cousins any day
    Seafood of all kinds has really been appealing to me recently. Wild caught sockeye is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Don't give up on all of us. There are some of us "older Paleo guys" who can put the young guns to shame.
    So, when were you planning a road trip south.....?

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Re: cheese, whenever I buy a block of tasty Kerrygold Dubliner or some nice raw grassfed cheese, I just accept that I'm going to eat it all within an hour or two. It's pointless to keep it around; I just pick some up once or twice a week and eat it. Same with good 90% dark chocolate. It works for me.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Same here Mr. Anthony, I consider treats like these as single servings. Saves wrestling with my conscience, which doesn't burn fat or increase muscle.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast