Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again page 5

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ayumi View Post
    What's SWYPO?
    Sex With Your Pants On - i.e. Paleofying junk food and desserts. Da 'Bird don't do dat - she's HARDCORE!

*Waves to Paleobird*

Welcome back Robin! So sorry to hear about your relationship travails - glad you got safely out of it.

Good luck with your fresh start in your new digs. Looks like you've got lots of friendly guests dropping in to keep an eye on you and hold you accountable!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

B2B
    B2B is offline Senior Member
    Hello Paleobird,
    Following you still in the shadows (and not in the creepy way!). I always seem to find some inspiration from your journaling. Please don't stop!
    B2B
    “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

SW (January 2011): 208.5
    LPW (March 23, 2013): 156.0
    CW (July, 4, 2013): 172

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    I too have reached a place where alcohol hinders rather than helps, i think it is a natural place we come to as we get clean
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Paleobird,

I followed along in your second journal while you were taking care of your Dad. Though it is always sad, there was a great deal of beauty in the story as well. It reminded me of the last days of my Mom (ten years ago).

I'm all about new beginnings, which is why I often wake to see the sun rise. I look forward to reading more about this leg of the journey.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

ayumi is offline Member
    Oh, that's an interesting way to put it. Makes me think of a hot plate of brownies :P

Paleobird, I like how you wrote out your goals. Will be cheering you on!
    Last edited by ayumi; 07-16-2013 at 08:43 AM.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Hello Paleobird,
    I've been reading your other journals for a couple of days, and I find you really inspiring.
    Hope you don't mind if I stop by from time to time!
    Traveller.
    Not at all. Welcome to the Birdnest.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Glad to see you made it back from your trip..... sorry it ended the way it did. Glad to see a new journal..... I look forward to luking here!
    You're so cute when you lurk, doc.

What's SWYPO?
    see below.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Sex With Your Pants On - i.e. Paleofying junk food and desserts. Da 'Bird don't do dat - she's HARDCORE!
    *Waves to Paleobird*
    Welcome back Robin! So sorry to hear about your relationship travails - glad you got safely out of it.

Good luck with your fresh start in your new digs. Looks like you've got lots of friendly guests dropping in to keep an eye on you and hold you accountable!
    Yes, the accountability has worked before.

Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Hello Paleobird,
    Following you still in the shadows (and not in the creepy way!). I always seem to find some inspiration from your journaling. Please don't stop! B2B
    Not creepy at all but posting would be fine too. Welcome in either case.

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    I too have reached a place where alcohol hinders rather than helps, i think it is a natural place we come to as we get clean
    It does seem to be that way. The 2.0 body is clean and healthy and says, "What are you doing putting that poison in me?"

Quote Originally Posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    Hi Paleobird,
    I followed along in your second journal while you were taking care of your Dad. Though it is always sad, there was a great deal of beauty in the story as well. It reminded me of the last days of my Mom (ten years ago).
    I'm all about new beginnings, which is why I often wake to see the sun rise. I look forward to reading more about this leg of the journey.
    Thanks. I appreciated your support through all of that as someone with BTDT experience.

Oh, that's an interesting way to put it. Makes me think of a hot plate of brownies :P
    Paleobird, I like how you wrote out your goals. Will be cheering you on!
    The SWYPO acronym was coined by the folks over at the Whole9 site. I have been reading a lot of their stuff lately and it is really making sense. I think Mark want's to invite the largest number of people possible under the Primal tent and so makes it easy to be 80/20 and have your favorite indulgences like dairy, wine, chocolate, etc.
    The Whole9 approach is more hardcore and I think that's where I need to go. They do allow for butter so they are not totally whacked about the dairy thing. For everything else I use coconut cream anyway. This just cuts out my lovely expensive cheeses that are way too easy to snarf down and not feel satiated. I figure if I am hungry enough to eat cheese but not hungry enough to eat meat, then I am not really hungry. I am just noshing because it tastes good or doing it mindlessly as I watch TV.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Hi Paleobird!

Can I be your #1 stalker on this thread? (I lurked in your other one's) You remind me so much of my BFF in many ways and I appreciate and relate to a lot of your posts and responses.

Glad to see a new beginning for you!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Not at all. Welcome to the Birdnest.

You're so cute when you lurk, doc.

see below.

Yes, the accountability has worked before.

Not creepy at all but posting would be fine too. Welcome in either case.

It does seem to be that way. The 2.0 body is clean and healthy and says, "What are you doing putting that poison in me?"

Thanks. I appreciated your support through all of that as someone with BTDT experience.

The SWYPO acronym was coined by the folks over at the Whole9 site. I have been reading a lot of their stuff lately and it is really making sense. I think Mark want's to invite the largest number of people possible under the Primal tent and so makes it easy to be 80/20 and have your favorite indulgences like dairy, wine, chocolate, etc.
    The Whole9 approach is more hardcore and I think that's where I need to go. They do allow for butter so they are not totally whacked about the dairy thing. For everything else I use coconut cream anyway. This just cuts out my lovely expensive cheeses that are way too easy to snarf down and not feel satiated. I figure if I am hungry enough to eat cheese but not hungry enough to eat meat, then I am not really hungry. I am just noshing because it tastes good or doing it mindlessly as I watch TV.
    I am a long time W30 follower. I have done 6 of them..one was a W100. A bunch of us crazy folks did it. I think 26 of us started the W100..7 of us finished. :0) Butter is only allowed in the form of clarified or ghee. Homemade ghee is one of my gobbled pleasures.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    Hi Paleobird!

Can I be your #1 stalker on this thread? (I lurked in your other one's) You remind me so much of my BFF in many ways and I appreciate and relate to a lot of your posts and responses.

Glad to see a new beginning for you!
    You are welcome to stalk and lurk to your heart's content and even more welcome to post.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    I am a long time W30 follower. I have done 6 of them..one was a W100. A bunch of us crazy folks did it. I think 26 of us started the W100..7 of us finished. :0) Butter is only allowed in the form of clarified or ghee. Homemade ghee is one of my gobbled pleasures.
    Other than the occasional booze (which has gotten to be too occasional) and the dairy, my whole life is one giant whole 30. I'm willing to give them a try on those two issues, the booze and dairy, because what they say about these topics makes a lot of sense. Still using up the last of my (too copious) cheese stash but the booze went down the drain.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Onward and upward, PB. Good luck.

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast