Thread: Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again page 4

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Rock on Robin!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    I was talking with my nutritionist about my boob problem ie they aren't shrinking! and he suggested cutting out dairy because of the hormones. so no milk cream and no more than 20g butter a day for me currently. I'll update you if I get any benefit.
    Interesting. Your nutritionist makes a good point. I don't have your problem at all. I rather like my perky barely Bs.
    You would probably be fine with ghee if you miss the butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Followed you're last journal silently and it was great, hope this ones the same, wishing you all the best.
    Don't watch a lot of drama, but I've become seriously addicted to both NCIS's, class viewing!
    Yes, during the summer TV doldrums I'm catching up on all the stuff I missed last season when I was too busy with Dad to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Hi Paleobird. It's very good to see you looking forward instead of back. I'll be checking in here to watch your new journey and see how it plays out. I'm sure it will be awesome.
    Thanks, Joanie. Onward!

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    This is the key point for a lot of folks who struggle. Everybody's got their own mountains to pass through, but it boils down to pretty simple concepts (both the way of eating & the sticking to it). Welcome back
    Doncha love it when someone starts complaining about "it doesn't work" and then, as the thread unfolds, it turns out they were only half assedly doing the plan in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Thanks for that alcohol post. I need to reread it ever time the brat in me suggest a couple shots of tequila, which of course leads to a couple more!
    If it's not in the house, I won't drink it.

Quote Originally Posted by drjoyous View Post
    Congrats on the new journal, Paleobird! You are an inspiration for many of us. For me, you have a terrific balance of "try it and see if it works" backed by thoughtful reasoning along with an honesty about how life gets in the way. Your journal helps you, but it helps many of us as well!
    Thank you and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Here's a journal warming gift for your new location, Robin! I'm looking forward to new adventures.
    BTW, when I was in San Diego I took your suggestion and went to the zoo, and to Rei Do Gado for dinner. Both excellent suggestions! Thanks!
    Thanks for the plant. It looks great with the curtains. I'm glad you had a good time in San Diego. If you ever get to stay longer look me up.

Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    ahh a new journal like opening a new book ,always satisfying
    Hiya, jacmac.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Like your idea for the new journal. I'll be checking in from time to time. 20 libs huh, that's a good bit; hard to see how you did it as a carnivore, except of course for the restaurants and alcohol (and deserts) (and . . ).
    Always enjoy your journals. God, I wish I had a sense of humor.
    ...and not working out.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I like that the Phoenix takes Fight instead of Flight, much more aggressive. Something I'd expect from one of my favorite carnivores.
    OOOOOPS! That is totally a typo and I didn't notice it til you did. But now that you mention it, maybe I'll keep it that way. Rawr!

ETA:figured out how to fix that. You have to go into the "go advanced " section to change the title. I really did mean Flight not Fight. Freudian slip perhaps.

Hmph. It fixed it on the first page of the journal but the thread title stayed the same. Oh well, I guess I'm stuck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    Great to have a fresh start journal with new focus. Good luck with your new dedication. Be kind to yourself though, you have been through a rough time. Agreed alcohol can rarely be good though. I tend to use it mainly for yummy cooking, using, Port, red wine, white wine, calvados, brandy, rum and sometimes grand marnier.... makes the best sauces when you using it with ghee and/or coconut cream. I was personally very surprised when I did the initial whole 30, when I found I couldn't re-introduce dairy. I had no idea, I loved milk and all the products from. Turns out I have a casein allergy. Have you eliminated it before?
    Yes, I dropped the dairy completely when I first started paleo (2009). I'm not intolerant of it but it is too easy to overeat plus the suspected hormonal effect.

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Rock on Robin!
    Thanks. You have been making some great weight progress lately so I hear on the booze thread. Nice!
    Last edited by Paleobird; 07-15-2013 at 02:10 PM.

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member
    It's heartwarming to hear about people taking care of their parents - I come from a culture where this is expected but in the United States it seems things can be quite different. Anyways good luck on your new journey!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyorange View Post
    It's heartwarming to hear about people taking care of their parents - I come from a culture where this is expected but in the United States it seems things can be quite different. Anyways good luck on your new journey!
    It seems normal to me too but I know not everybody feels that way about their parents, some with good reason. I think what goes around comes around. If you raise your children right with lots of love they will *want* to take care of their parents as opposed to feeling obligated to do so.

Where are you from?

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    FWIW, I think you should consider going cougar once you're ready to get back on that particular horse. I know if I were unattached and a few thousand miles closer, I'd seriously consider putting in a boy toy application.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    FWIW, I think you should consider going cougar once you're ready to get back on that particular horse. I know if I were unattached and a few thousand miles closer, I'd seriously consider putting in a boy toy application.
    Awwww. That is just about the sweetest thing I have heard in a very long time.

And, if you were single and here, your application would be eagerly accepted.

I think going cougar might make sense in that all the guys my age seem to be falling apart at the seams. I need to find a young one who can keep up with me.

Paleobird Guest
    Well, wrap for the day:

Labne kefir cheese for brunch, ginger garlic salmon fillet for dinner.

Exercise, a long walk with the Wolf Cub which ended in a visit to the vet. He had split a claw back to the part that hurts. Poor baby.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Hello Paleobird,

I've been reading your other journals for a couple of days, and I find you really inspiring.

Hope you don't mind if I stop by from time to time!

Traveller.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Glad to see you made it back from your trip..... sorry it ended the way it did. Glad to see a new journal..... I look forward to luking here!

ayumi is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What's SWYPO?

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast