Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again page 38

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hmmm - retired surgeon speaks to intelligence and drive; "nice guy" = pleasing personality, also good; beard is a plus in my book. If you enjoyed the evening, I would say, second date, PB.

Btw - beard: trimmed or wild-grown??
    Nicely trimmed. He is also very tall and a very good dancer. And we both went to Stanford. He's into golf which I'm not but on the plus side, he has dogs.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Nicely trimmed. He is also very tall and a very good dancer. And we both went to Stanford. He's into golf which I'm not but on the plus side, he has dogs.
    So he takes care of himself (at least superficially, until you learn more), feels the music (as you sing, that is a nice thing), and likes animals. Even better! The golf thing isn't all bad - being athletically active in some way is good. I'm thinking it is/was a nice counterbalance to his work.

Here's to a positive further acquaintance!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Crabcakes,

Cool. Also, when you're in town, we'll have to paleo/primal together. I'm on another forum with 4 gals from PGH, too, and I'm thinking of holding "salon" nights to talk about different topics of interest. Might be fun. I'll look up those Moth storytelling things.

PB,

Yes, you know, we are just so much more resilient now. Things are going really well with the business and we are proud of it and wouldn't leave it if we didn't have to. BUT, we have to, and we know we can do just as well (or better) in the states, and so we will.

We're looking at different neighborhoods in PGH. Luckily, my BIL has lived there for 10 or 15 years or something so. . . yeah. He's helping us find the right kind of place.

---

It's so nice to be out and about and have options, isn't it? Meeting new people, seeing what might develop. I wonder what he's saying on his messageboards about you.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Orthopod who golfs??? Interesting. Most of the ones I know are usually into more active or rugged sports. Still, anyone who loves dogs is tops in my book
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    Orthopod who golfs??? Interesting. Most of the ones I know are usually into more active or rugged sports. Still, anyone who loves dogs is tops in my book
    Well this is a 63 year old ortho with bad knees that he probably got from all that other stuff when he was younger. Downhill skiing and such takes a toll.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    that it does, particularly if you don't do your mobility work.

we just started another round of cluster-quakes on the sedden fault today -- 6.9 followed by 5s and 4s in quick succession. Still rumbling away in the 3s right now. No damage to the city except one window (reported so far), and that one building that was EQ prone anyway -- looks like part of the building came apart. They evacuated the city anyway, and it was a pretty orderly process I have to say.

Paleobird Guest
    Stay safe, Zoe.

Well, today I got a huge case of the "fuckitols". I didn't go on the hike I was planning on doing and went out to dinner instead. Complete with cocktails and dessert.

This forum has completely gone to crap. I have just stopped caring one way or the other.

Emofedom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Stay safe, Zoe.

Well, today I got a huge case of the "fuckitols". I didn't go on the hike I was planning on doing and went out to dinner instead. Complete with cocktails and dessert.

This forum has completely gone to crap. I have just stopped caring one way or the other.
    Don't do that. Don't let others get to you on here. I don't know if it matters but I enjoy reading and learning from you and a few others. Don't throw in the towel when others are using your journal for support and inspiration.

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

Paleobird Guest
    Mark won't even take a stand. Why should I spend my time defending his forum when he won't? I'm done.

It's been fun folks. I adore all of you who have been so supportive and caring here through all the twists and turns of my life over the last few years. Your support means more to me than you will ever know.

This is not going to change how I eat or how I live my life. I still believe that Primal is the best system ever. This is just going to change how I spend my time. (i.e.not spending it here).

I will answer PMs if anybody has questions or things I can help with but I'm done posting.
    If you would like to keep in touch outside of MDA, PM me your contact info.

Paleobird over and out.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 08-15-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Zoebird, bless her half Kiwi/half Yank heart, has started a yahoo group for "friends of the bird" wishing to keep in touch without all the nonsense around here.

Please contact her to get in the group if you would like.

This place may have gone to hell in the proverbial handbag but there are still some really good people here. Let's keep in touch.

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast