Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again page 33

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Don't worry. It sounds like he may be doing what he needs to do. I once read somewhere that animals and small children are kinda 'self-regulating' when they are sick. Meaning that they will automatically give their bowels a rest during this kind of illness.
    It's usually what a Dr. would prescribe for what the wolf cub was going through.
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Thank you, oceangirl. I appreciate it. I do have a good vet here right in my neighborhood that I trust. Another good thing is that he is open on Saturdays.
    I figured you did.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    Don't worry. It sounds like he may be doing what he needs to do. I once read somewhere that animals and small children are kinda 'self-regulating' when they are sick. Meaning that they will automatically give their bowels a rest during this kind of illness.
    It's usually what a Dr. would prescribe for what the wolf cub was going through.
    True, I often fast if I'm not feeling well.

But the same thing is the problem with animals and small children. You can't ask them what is the problem and where it hurts.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    I figured you did.
    Hopefully it won't come to needing him. I finally talked the Wolf Cub into going out for a little walk around my neighborhood park and that seemed to perk him up a bit.

He usually gets a doggie jerky (they are all natural dried liver sticks) when we get home from walking and I was so pleased that he went over to his special spot on the rug and sat up waiting for his treat and actually ate the whole thing. Hopefully it will stay down. I figure some liver has got to be beneficial in terms of nutrient density.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like he is on the mend Crossing fingers for you. Glad he enjoyed his walk. Hopefully the treat and egg that he had will stay put. Watered down chicken broth is a good way to get some good liquid in him if he will have it. Mine will also drink if I put a little milk in, but not may favourite thing to do.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    Sounds like he is on the mend Crossing fingers for you. Glad he enjoyed his walk. Hopefully the treat and egg that he had will stay put. Watered down chicken broth is a good way to get some good liquid in him if he will have it. Mine will also drink if I put a little milk in, but not may favourite thing to do.
    Hmmm. Good idea. I have some beef stock in the fridge. He actually went back and finished off the egg (Yay!) and I haven't heard any yakking so I think he is on the mend. He is also sitting next to me right now instead of curling up in a corner.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Oh good boy. He sounds on the mend. I know when Olivia comes home from a wiggly walk and she wants a treat, she is so okay.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

mjh365 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hmmm. Good idea. I have some beef stock in the fridge. He actually went back and finished off the egg (Yay!) and I haven't heard any yakking so I think he is on the mend. He is also sitting next to me right now instead of curling up in a corner.
    Nice!!!!! Glad to hear he may be coming out it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Funny how we all are so glad to hear your buddy's better. Almost like he was one of our own family

That reminds me, I need to pull a beef liver out of the freezer for my guys this morning. I lucked out and a friend gave me like 20-30 lbs of grass fed that's been in her freezer for almost a year and she needed to make room for a new meat delivery. Score!
    Also on the dog front, there was a guy giving out samples of a new grain free grass fed dog food and treats at Sprouts ths week. They are out of Bouder CO and have things like grass fed cow ears and venison jerky treats too. My furry girl stole the raw turkey dehydrated food sample off the counter and ate it dry ( it's supposed to be mixed with hot water to make a porridge ) so it must be really yummy stuff. She rarely is so naughty!

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Glad to hear he is doing better, hope it continues today It is pretty upsetting when they are off isn't it? mine are thoroughly spoiled, little snuggle buns.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast