Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again page 31

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Funzy for you PB!! Congrats on the RAV4! I know somebody who just got one and really likes it. I do kinda wish the backing visibility on the Prius was better...

I love my 2010 Prius and never feel like I don't have enough acceleration power. But I don't use the eco mode so maybe that's why? I experimented with eco mode and regular and hypermiling and all when I first got it and seemed to get the same basic milage so just went to driving the way I always did with a regular car.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    My hubby wants the Ford Cmax plug in hybrid. Aparrantly Toyota does not believe anyone on CO wants their plug in hybrid Prius here and doesn't offer it. The Cmax has a much higher horse power to solve the gutless Prius problem and is actually a little less expensive. We need to save another $7000 for it as I refuse to get a car loan for a car that is not an emergency purchase. Personally I think they have no sex appeal and are a bit dorky looking. To me, an electric car should be really sporty, especially when you are going to spend almost $50,000 by the time you are done!
    Have you seen the Tesla Roadster and the Tesla Model S? Those are the sexiest electric vehicles on the market by far right now. But they are very expensive. The Model S can range from $50-$90k depending on what mods you want. The expensive version has the engine which is super powerful and has a run time of over 300 miles! The Prius, Chevy Bolt, CMax, and Leaf are all around 100 mile or below which means a lot of recharging stops I expect technology to get better with longer drive times and better looking vehicles.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    In California charging stations are starting to pop up everywhere since EV vehicles are so popular. I have two neighbors who have the Tesla Model S which are amazing. Consumer Reports gave it the highest overall score of any car it's ever reviewed (99/100). I really want to install solar since the rebates will give you back 33% of the cost. Then I can fill up the EV at will! Hopefully it will happen soon since that is in my 5 year plan
    I am waiting for Tesla's model X to hit the production line and get the bugs worked out 2016ish. The thing about having an EV is that you have to have somewhere to plug it in. My condo garage doesn't have that so the plug in part of the Prius wan't doing me any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    My hubby wants the Ford Cmax plug in hybrid. Aparrantly Toyota does not believe anyone on CO wants their plug in hybrid Prius here and doesn't offer it. The Cmax has a much higher horse power to solve the gutless Prius problem and is actually a little less expensive. We need to save another $7000 for it as I refuse to get a car loan for a car that is not an emergency purchase. Personally I think they have no sex appeal and are a bit dorky looking. To me, an electric car should be really sporty, especially when you are going to spend almost $50,000 by the time you are done!
    Yeah the prius can't be called sexy by any definition. I also don't like the rear window design. You can't see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    A RAV4 sounds sweet! I'm jealous. I'm patiently waiting for the transmission on my van to take a dump. I would LOVE to have something like a RAV4 but my huband doesn't believe in car payments so... whatever I end-up with will be used and probably not exactly what I want but, it'll be paid for.
    I agree with your hubby about car payments. Waste of money paying interest.

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Funzy for you PB!! Congrats on the RAV4! I know somebody who just got one and really likes it. I do kinda wish the backing visibility on the Prius was better...

I love my 2010 Prius and never feel like I don't have enough acceleration power. But I don't use the eco mode so maybe that's why? I experimented with eco mode and regular and hypermiling and all when I first got it and seemed to get the same basic milage so just went to driving the way I always did with a regular car.
    The Prius has a supposedly "power mode" for hills and such but even then it is a slug.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Have you seen the Tesla Roadster and the Tesla Model S? Those are the sexiest electric vehicles on the market by far right now. But they are very expensive. The Model S can range from $50-$90k depending on what mods you want. The expensive version has the engine which is super powerful and has a run time of over 300 miles! The Prius, Chevy Bolt, CMax, and Leaf are all around 100 mile or below which means a lot of recharging stops I expect technology to get better with longer drive times and better looking vehicles.
    I love Teslas. I test drove their roadster a few years back. Hoo Boy. You put your foot on the pedal and it will pin you back in your seat. Yes, Tesla is the only EV around that really has the driving range for longer road trips. You can get 300miles if you are willing to pay for the bigger battery option. The others like the leaf, etc are good little around town cars but not much more.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Peeking in.

Is the car talk done yet?

Nope. Scurry out.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Peeking in.
    Is the car talk done yet?
    Nope. Scurry out.
    We can talk about other stuff.
    I'm supposed to go on a meetup walk this evening but I don't think I'll go. The Wolf Cub isn't feeling well. He's been barfing all day and I'm rather worried about him.

He's not usually one for having a "delicate tummy". He drinks water out of the gutter and chomps on still kicking small rodents.

Poor thing. He's down to just yakking up stomach acid and he looks really miserable.

We did get out for a little walk today and went to the AAA office to get my insurance policy updated. My insurance actually went down by switching from the Prius to the Rav4.

Ooop, sorry Sabine. Wandered back to car talk. Well you have your choice of puking dogs or cars I guess.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'll take the puking dogs!

Poor guy.

A friend's dog favorite treat while out on walks, is to find squirrel jerky. He'll drag you into the street to get it.

I'm just not into cars. When asked 'what kind of car do you drive' my answer is usually 'beige'.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    It's always fun to get a new car. And, good trade-in value.

We still have our 1994 honda accord station wagon. it's still ticking away! I'd love to get a prius again; we loved the 07.

Hope the pup is ok. Is he able to stay hydrated ok?

Paleobird Guest
    For me cars are all about the functionality. The Rav4 just works better. Higher wheelbase so it doesn't bottom out on driveways or road dips. More pick-up to get onto freeways. Better visibility all around and especially out the rear window.

I got the base model, not the higher priced ones with all the fancy dual climate control zones and such. Good solid functional vehicle. The salesman was asking what color I wanted and I told him I really don't care.

I am really worried about the Wolf Cub. I just heard him yakking again. Poor baby. He drank some water a little while ago but then threw it up again.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Pepcid can help calm your wolf cubs tummy. My little 3lber can have 1/4 of a 10 pill. Settles her tummy down. Probiotics help a lot if he gets the runs too.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    Pepcid can help calm your wolf cubs tummy. My little 3lber can have 1/4 of a 10 pill. Settles her tummy down. Probiotics help a lot if he gets the runs too.
    Is pepcid like Pepto Bismol?

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast