Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again page 30

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I don't know what happened for you Honeybuns but I'm glad that you found your way back. What I've observed is that the reason the RP group has some impact is because they consistently engage w/ people who ask questions. Reading this thread, people keep talking about how their not going to give feedback or answers for newbies anymore.

That's how we lose new people. That's how we lose the importance of the message, by walking away. (I would have walked away from that feminism conversation if someone had stepped up and told me, "you're dealing w/ crazy". No one did. Everyone stayed silent and then I find it's being mocked.)

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I hope her name isn't Rosy Palmer...... she and her sisters gets around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    She might be inflatable....
    I doubt he has time between looking at himself in the gym mirrors to even think about girls.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    I don't know what happened for you Honeybuns but I'm glad that you found your way back. What I've observed is that the reason the RP group has some impact is because they consistently engage w/ people who ask questions. Reading this thread, people keep talking about how their not going to give feedback or answers for newbies anymore.

That's how we lose new people. That's how we lose the importance of the message, by walking away. (I would have walked away from that feminism conversation if someone had stepped up and told me, "you're dealing w/ crazy". No one did. Everyone stayed silent and then I find it's being mocked.)
    Yeah, it's a hard decision to make, engage and try to make a difference or walk away and hope the whole thread dies quietly and soon. Sometimes it seems worth doing like today Derp was telling some poor woman with a binge eating disorder triggered by sugar to eat lots of sugar. So I stepped in and warned her about where his advice was coming from.

Sorry nobody warned you that Derp can really get up a tree sometimes. I thought everybody knew that.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I try to engage some newbies on an irregular basis because i do find it is helpful to give actual primal advice and not let extreme outliers color their experience or understanding.

Present company, of course, is an outlier BUT is open about the whole 'it's not for everyone' and 'here are things that work for me but do your research.' I mean, that's the right way to be an outlier.

Doing the IF makes me an outlier, and I'll share my experience but be sure to say it's not for everyone and/or it's not necessary because. . . it's not.

Anyway. . . yeah.

Paleobird Guest
    In other non-peat news...........

I bought a car this evening. Or rather I traded my 2012 Prius plug in for a new Rav4, just had to pay the taxes and fees. I had bought the Prius back when I was taking care of my dad because it was low to the ground and easy for him to climb into unlike my Rav4 or his truck. We traded the two for one and got the Prius. I haven't put many miles on the Prius so I was able to get a really good trade in deal for it.

It served the purpose for that time. But it was never really the car I wanted. I love the Rav4. It's like having my old car back only new! I can SEE out the back window and the whole thing sits up a bit higher in traffic so you can see around you. It also picks up and moves when merging onto a freeway. The Prius is all eco friendly and stuff, but it is really a slug when it comes to acceleration. I consider this to be a safety issue as you need to get up to speed with the other freeway speed demons if you are going to merge safely.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    We bought a 2012 Prius last year and love it. But I completely agree with you that the lack of giddy up can be dangerous especially if you need to take evasive action. You can always put it in power mode but it still takes an extra second to push that button which can be enough time to get into an accident. Overall it has great gas mileage and is a lot bigger than I ever expected. When we trade in our 8 year old Civic in a couple years we hope to get the plug in electric Prius which should have way more power than the hybrid.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    We bought a 2012 Prius last year and love it. But I completely agree with you that the lack of giddy up can be dangerous especially if you need to take evasive action. You can always put it in power mode but it still takes an extra second to push that button which can be enough time to get into an accident. Overall it has great gas mileage and is a lot bigger than I ever expected. When we trade in our 8 year old Civic in a couple years we hope to get the plug in electric Prius which should have way more power than the hybrid.
    I'm thinking about one of the Rav4 EVs sometime in the next few years as more charging stations become available.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I'm thinking about one of the Rav4 EVs sometime in the next few years as more charging stations become available.
    In California charging stations are starting to pop up everywhere since EV vehicles are so popular. I have two neighbors who have the Tesla Model S which are amazing. Consumer Reports gave it the highest overall score of any car it's ever reviewed (99/100). I really want to install solar since the rebates will give you back 33% of the cost. Then I can fill up the EV at will! Hopefully it will happen soon since that is in my 5 year plan
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Jealous! Hulky and I are hoping to do a trade-in for his '05 Civic next year. We want to keep the payments the same and get another 2-door Civic, except no more than 3 years old. Having a down-payment on top of the trade-in value would probably be wise. Fingers crossed.

We rented a '10 Rav4 in 2011, in Seattle. Loved it. Excellent visibility, very comfortable ride. We would totally go for one now, but don't want to lose the gas mileage (30/40 city/highway in the Civic).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    My hubby wants the Ford Cmax plug in hybrid. Aparrantly Toyota does not believe anyone on CO wants their plug in hybrid Prius here and doesn't offer it. The Cmax has a much higher horse power to solve the gutless Prius problem and is actually a little less expensive. We need to save another $7000 for it as I refuse to get a car loan for a car that is not an emergency purchase. Personally I think they have no sex appeal and are a bit dorky looking. To me, an electric car should be really sporty, especially when you are going to spend almost $50,000 by the time you are done!

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    A RAV4 sounds sweet! I'm jealous. I'm patiently waiting for the transmission on my van to take a dump. I would LOVE to have something like a RAV4 but my huband doesn't believe in car payments so... whatever I end-up with will be used and probably not exactly what I want but, it'll be paid for.
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast