Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again page 23

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I am about ready to give up on this forum. Seriously the Petarians are taking over. They are multiplying like cockroaches.
    jeez- jeez-don't go-what about people like me- id likely have been having chemo by Christmas if it weren't for you. possibly dead in 2 years
    do not underestimate your influence or advice. shit- i still need you about... why isn't there a frigging sad face!
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    So I Googled "Ray Peat"

In the search box as I typed it auto-filled suggested topics. There were:

Ray Peat Diet
    Ray Peat Forum
    Ray Peat Quack

I'm not sure I need to research any further.

Please stay, Paleobird!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    In the interest of fairness, I did the same thing for 'Mark Sisson'. I was relieved to hfind

Mark Sisson Diet
    Mark Sisson P90x
    Mark Sisson Protein Powder.

Not too scary. And the pictures that popped up were pretty nice, too! Ray Peat's scared me a little.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    fads come and go

truths are eternal

so are you
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Please don't go! (clings to your pant leg...wait is that creepy?...)
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    That would be a great pity, but I know what you mean. One wouldn't want heavy handed moderation here, but they are making the forum a place in which Mark would not be comfortable. Newbs must be so confused
    Yes. We can't just ban all of them (even if I would like to) but anyone starting out must get massively turned around when trying to ask a question since they are the most vocal presence around right now. Not the most numerous. Just the loudest.

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Perhaps you're just hypothyroid
    Isn't that the cause of every malady known to humanity?

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Peat-arians = followers of Ray Peat. I am really good at ignoring people, especially when they are at least being nice.
    Some of them are substantially less than nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    You just need to eat some sugar. Pixie stick?
    Heh! Thanks, FW.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Okay. I know I sound uninformed, but who is Ray Peat and why would people follow him?
    He's a third rate has been college professor who passes himself off as a doctor to sell progesterone cream (aka snake oil) as the cure all for every problem. You would follow him if you were scientifically ignorant and wanted someone to tell you that it is good for you to eat lots of sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    He's another diet guru, bashing paleo/primal and probably WAPF diets. I guess he still believes that saturated fats are healthy, but basically thinks that all body problems are based on thyroid issues, and that it should be treated with more starches & sugars (including refined, not just fruit & natural sources) and less fat & meat. Or something like that. I don't care too much to figure it out
    The thinks salmon is unhealthy (OMG, the PUFAs) fermented foods are unhealthy, etc. But getting half of your calories from dairy then adding lots of sugar and coffee and OJ is great for you.

Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    jeez- jeez-don't go-what about people like me- id likely have been having chemo by Christmas if it weren't for you. possibly dead in 2 years
    do not underestimate your influence or advice. shit- i still need you about... why isn't there a frigging sad face!
    Oh, CD. You continue to amaze me with your progress. Don't worry. Even if I go, we will keep in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    So I Googled "Ray Peat"
    In the search box as I typed it auto-filled suggested topics. There were:
    Ray Peat Diet
    Ray Peat Forum
    Ray Peat Quack
    I'm not sure I need to research any further.
    Please stay, Paleobird!
    Now I'm picturing a bunch of ducks quacking on the RP threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    In the interest of fairness, I did the same thing for 'Mark Sisson'. I was relieved to find
    Mark Sisson Diet
    Mark Sisson P90x
    Mark Sisson Protein Powder.
    Not too scary. And the pictures that popped up were pretty nice, too! Ray Peat's scared me a little.
    Ray Peat is quite elderly and has a habit of ignoring any research that has been done since WWII. He goes back to old source material as "proof" for his ridiculous claims.

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    fads come and go
    truths are eternal
    so are you
    Awwwwwww. Honey Badger! Stop that or I'm going to cry.

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Please don't go! (clings to your pant leg...wait is that creepy?...)
    You guys are all the best.

I will see what I can do about this situation. Perhaps write a letter to Mark.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Adding my voice to your fan-chorus PB .

Although I have to admit I toyed with the Peat idea - after all, he gives approval for me to eat sugar, and I dearly love sugar . Fortunately I overcame that brief temptation, lol.

I do worry for the newbs, though - this forum can lead people a very long way from the primal vision .
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Adding my voice to your fan-chorus PB .

Although I have to admit I toyed with the Peat idea - after all, he gives approval for me to eat sugar, and I dearly love sugar . Fortunately I overcame that brief temptation, lol.

I do worry for the newbs, though - this forum can lead people a very long way from the primal vision .
    Thanks , Jac.

Sure, when you tell legions of junkies that their drug of choice is really a health food, you are going to get popular quickly.

I wonder if Mark monitors things around here much. I wonder if he realizes how far off the message things are. This forum is going to lose anything resembling credibility if this goes on much longer. The basic message of *ancestral* health is getting lost when refined sugar is being touted as a healthy food and dairy makes up 50% of one's calories.

Maybe we should organize a counter-attack. Have a bunch of us go over to the RP forums and start "trolling" with our Primal "nonsense". Muhahahahah..................

Nah, better things to do.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Maybe we should organize a counter-attack. Have a bunch of us go over to the RP forums and start "trolling" with our Primal "nonsense". Muhahahahah..................

Nah, better things to do.
    Exactly. I read somewhere recently where someone was wondering why haters have so much more energy than the rest of us do - but being a troll takes up valuable living time.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Still, it could be fun to start a profile, make some inane comments and then drop some bombs in a month about how your trigs are now off the chart and your migraines now require narcotics or something. That might keep their in fighting busy for long enough to clear the crap out of here!
    Last edited by Mud Flinger; 08-01-2013 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Trigs, not trips! Darn auto correct!

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast