Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again page 22

ulnauy is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Don't mean to threadjack but what do you think of eharmony? I've gone about halfway through their intro questions a couple times but never finished. I haven't tried any of the online dating services... pretty skeptical about the concept. Everyone seems to talk themselves up/only paint themselves in a positive light, and that's a turn off for me. I find myself attracted more to flaws rather than people talking about how great they are, but feel like if I portray myself this way I won't get many replies.

I actually like that eharmony has the upfront fee and doesn't let you freely browse other profiles. But some of those questions are so bizarre: like "How important is sex to you?" Of course sometimes it's a 10 and sometimes it's a 0. I imagine it's the same for everyone. How do you answer a question like that. Am I supposed to put a 5? I wonder if people answer those questions honestly or instead put answers that they think will match them with a certain type of person.
    Last edited by ulnauy; 07-31-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ulnauy View Post
    Don't mean to threadjack but what do you think of eharmony? I've gone about halfway through their intro questions a couple times but never finished. I haven't tried any of the online dating services... pretty skeptical about the concept. Everyone seems to talk themselves up/only paint themselves in a positive light, and that's a turn off for me. I find myself attracted more to flaws rather than people talking about how great they are, but feel like if I portray myself this way I won't get many replies.

I actually like that eharmony has the upfront fee and doesn't let you freely browse other profiles. But some of those questions are so bizarre: like "How important is sex to you?" Of course sometimes it's a 10 and sometimes it's a 0. I imagine it's the same for everyone. How do you answer a question like that. Am I supposed to put a 5? I wonder if people answer those questions honestly or instead put answers that they think will match them with a certain type of person.
    Well, I've tried a few sites and the thing about eharmony is that is does take a while to answer all the questions so I think it kind of filters out anyone who is just doing this on a whim. On other sites where anybody can toss up a profile in five minutes for free, you get a lot more weirdos and people who aren't really who they say they are, and some who just put up a profile because they had a fight with their spouse. Nowhere near really being single.

The guy I met tonight was really nice. We went for a long walk and talked. He met my dog and is Wolf Cub approved. We shall see what happens next.

Paleobird Guest
    I am about ready to give up on this forum. Seriously the Petarians are taking over. They are multiplying like cockroaches.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I am about ready to give up on this forum. Seriously the Petarians are taking over. They are multiplying like cockroaches.
    That would be a great pity, but I know what you mean. One wouldn't want heavy handed moderation here, but they are making the forum a place in which Mark would not be comfortable. Newbs must be so confused
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

peril is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps you're just hypothyroid
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    you mean people in support of pakistan? i googled it but i dont get the reference
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Peat-arians = followers of Ray Peat. I am really good at ignoring people, especially when they are at least being nice.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the explanation namelesswonder. I was a little confused just like quelsen.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Okay. I know I sound uninformed, but who is Ray Peat and why would people follow him?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Okay. I know I sound uninformed, but who is Ray Peat and why would people follow him?
    He's another diet guru, bashing paleo/primal and probably WAPF diets. I guess he still believes that saturated fats are healthy, but basically thinks that all body problems are based on thyroid issues, and that it should be treated with more starches & sugars (including refined, not just fruit & natural sources) and less fat & meat. Or something like that. I don't care too much to figure it out
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast