Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again page 21

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Nice new picture! I might be inspired to change mine if I can remember how...?
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Oh and PS: thanks for the tip about the meet ups! There are tons! Several look like things I might really like. I'm gonna try and be brave and go do a walk/hike up one of the canyons where a group goes on Friday nights.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Nice haircut, PB!
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Love the 'do!
    Thanks, I did it myself. I just can't stand having hair flailing in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Yeah for 6 years! Here's to 60 more!
    Great new pic!
    Thanks, Tomi. Feels good not to have to think about it for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    + 100000
    Thanks, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Nice new picture! I might be inspired to change mine if I can remember how...?
    Aha! You evidently did. Now we have a pic of you instead of the dog.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Oh and PS: thanks for the tip about the meet ups! There are tons! Several look like things I might really like. I'm gonna try and be brave and go do a walk/hike up one of the canyons where a group goes on Friday nights.
    That sounds like fun. It is easier to get out, especially being female and not significantly othered, if you have a group to go with. Safety in numbers.

This evening I went with an urban hiking group that meets right in my downtown neighborhood. We did a good 7 or so mile walk at a brisk pace around the central park and back. The Wolf Cub had a grand time. I met a really nice lady about my age who lives just a few blocks from me. She said she would love to go out dancing more but not as a single female so we talked about tearing up the town some evenings.

ETA : I just worked the route out on the sparkpeople map app and it was more like 8.5 miles. That was a goodly hike.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 07-29-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Hey Sexaaaay! Looking fiiiiiiiiine.

I want to thank you for the meetup.com rec too - who knew there were so many interesting groups in my locale! Now the trouble is choosing...
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    In regards to meet up groups, make sure the one you pick has stuff to do when you are available or that they are a very active group and plan stuff in your area. I belong to several. I only do stuff with one as the others are either inactive or plan stuff far away or at times I can't go. This seems obvious, but I never thought about it as I joined all these groups. Most have a small fee as they have to pay meet up.com for the site, but they should also let you hang out with them a bit before insisting that you pay.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I really like your new pic, PB. It is my favorite of the ones you have had since I came aboard. I really like nice smiles.

Now all I have to do is get with computer-geek hubby and figure out how to put up an avatar of my own. But it won't be a pic, tho - still guarding my anonymity mostly.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Gorgeous picture
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Hey Sexaaaay! Looking fiiiiiiiiine.
    I want to thank you for the meetup.com rec too - who knew there were so many interesting groups in my locale! Now the trouble is choosing...
    Thanks, Sigi. I am a bit overwhelmed with all the possibilities too. I could have more stuff to do than there are hours in the day if I wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    In regards to meet up groups, make sure the one you pick has stuff to do when you are available or that they are a very active group and plan stuff in your area. I belong to several. I only do stuff with one as the others are either inactive or plan stuff far away or at times I can't go. This seems obvious, but I never thought about it as I joined all these groups. Most have a small fee as they have to pay meet up.com for the site, but they should also let you hang out with them a bit before insisting that you pay.
    Right, One hiking group looked interesting but their stuff is all up toward the north end of SD county. I haven't found any that ask for money up front. Some ask for money for a specific event which is understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    I really like your new pic, PB. It is my favorite of the ones you have had since I came aboard. I really like nice smiles.
    Now all I have to do is get with computer-geek hubby and figure out how to put up an avatar of my own. But it won't be a pic, tho - still guarding my anonymity mostly.
    Thank you. It's in the "forum actions" tab. Then "general settings".

Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    Gorgeous picture
    Thank you.

Paleobird Guest
    So, yesterday I had a totally MDA free day and it was delightful. I went for a Loooooog hike with yet another meet up group.

This evening I a coffee shop and walk first date with someone I met on the eharmony site. He seems really nice but he may be a tad too Type A for me (comments about getting up at 6:30 and having back to back meeting scheduled all day, then piano lessons, then a workout, then seeing me) hmmmm. We'll see.

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast