Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again page 13

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    One day I'd love to go to ComicCon, just for the people-watching. I reckon it would be a hoot.
    Yep, I can get the people watching part of it just by walking around the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    there's a similar event here, and we know so many people who go because they LOVE 'cosplay.' They're a very creative lot of people, really.

still getting quakes -- we're still rolling with aftershocks every 10 minutes or so. Most of them hardly noticable, but showing up on the instruments (i have the web site up where they report things).

Our building downtown was given the all clear though, today, and our risk of another big one has gone down to just 10% so it's unlikely. Sky is *beautiful* tonight, too.
    That's good. Probably several small ones are better than one big one. Relieves the strain on the tectonic plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    See any Bronies at these cosplay events?
    Not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Wonder Woman? Must have been Pebbles67 (Wonder Woman is her thing).
    I was having serious costume envy looking at her. The only problem was that she was a skinny girl with no curves. Wonder Woman is supposed to be a *woman* with a waistline and hips.

I don't know what a Bronie is, so I wouldn't know if I saw one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Consider yourself lucky. Heehee. Just kidding. Sort of. I guess.
    A guy who likes MyLittlePony. And not just to get girls.
    He's actually hoping Aldergirl is going to have a pony instead of a baby.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Wonder Woman is supposed to be a *woman* with a waistline and hips.
    Ahh, Lynda Carter, every teenage boy's fantasy... Assuming that he was a teenager in the 1970s!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Delurking to subscribe to the new thread.
    *waves*
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    Ahh, Lynda Carter, every teenage boy's fantasy... Assuming that he was a teenager in the 1970s!
    That woman was *built*

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Delurking to subscribe to the new thread.
    *waves*
    You sneaky lurker, you. <waves back>

Well, I went on a really nice hike this evening. I found a Meetup group that does a hike to the top of one of the area's tallest peaks in honor of the full moon every month. A bunch of people showed up. I have been up that peak many times but I've never seen it that crowded.

And I met this really awesome guy at the summit. He is a teacher, a democrat, an atheist, super physically fit, really tall, and........HE WEARS VIBRAMS!!!! A member of the tribe! We had a great gab and made plans to do this again sometime.

The married guy that I was dancing with the other night was there too but I really decided I'm not comfortable with that. It might be some temporary fun but, when there are really cool guys out there like this teacher in the VFFs, it seems like a waste of my time to hang around someone who is only partially available.

Meetup groups are an awesome invention. It's a way to get out there and have people to hang with and a great way to meet a potential special somebody but without the pressure of online dating. It's just a bunch of people out doing something they all enjoy together. If sparks happen, great. If not, it was still a fun time.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    they are really great. we are part of 3 meet up groups here, and we are the new organizers of one of them. it's great, really.

still going on the little ones -- just about every 30 minutes, we have another run of 4, 3, 2 over about 10 minutes, then it chills for about 20 minutes and goes again.

it's becoming a new normal. it's like I've acclimated. LOL

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    That woman was *built*
    The Commodores-Brick House - YouTube

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    And I met this really awesome guy at the summit. He is a teacher, a democrat, an atheist, super physically fit, really tall, and........HE WEARS VIBRAMS!!!! A member of the tribe! We had a great gab and made plans to do this again sometime.
    How did he know you were going to be there!?! Sounds like it was awesome time!

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member

Well, I went on a really nice hike this evening. I found a Meetup group that does a hike to the top of one of the area's tallest peaks in honor of the full moon every month. .
    sounds really nice, i hope you make some great friends whether or not you meet the special one there
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 07-23-2013 at 08:18 AM.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    The only problem was that she was a skinny girl with no curves. Wonder Woman is supposed to be a *woman* with a waistline and hips.
    Amen!!

Glad you are having fun at the meet up groups. I think I might have to find something like that around here. I find myself in a situation sort of similar to yours romance-wise. The 1st relationship I was in since I lost my husband, with an old boyfriend from 20 years ago, finally caved to distance and his work situation. Bummer! How do you find the meet ups? Craig's List? Or is there a site for stuff like that? I'm a little afraid cause I'm kinda shy but I gotta follow my motto! And well it would be nice to just meet some more people, not just for romance...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Paleobird Guest
    they are really great. we are part of 3 meet up groups here, and we are the new organizers of one of them. it's great, really.
    still going on the little ones -- just about every 30 minutes, we have another run of 4, 3, 2 over about 10 minutes, then it chills for about 20 minutes and goes again.
    it's becoming a new normal. it's like I've acclimated. LOL
    I'll take lots of little ones over one big one anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Exactly. Who me? No, I'm not old enough to remember that song.

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    How did he know you were going to be there!?! Sounds like it was awesome time!
    It was great to meet him. So many things just went *click* about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    sounds really nice, i hope you make some great friends whether or not you meet the special one there
    I'm going on another hike tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Amen!!
    Glad you are having fun at the meet up groups. I think I might have to find something like that around here. I find myself in a situation sort of similar to yours romance-wise. The 1st relationship I was in since I lost my husband, with an old boyfriend from 20 years ago, finally caved to distance and his work situation. Bummer! How do you find the meet ups? Craig's List? Or is there a site for stuff like that? I'm a little afraid cause I'm kinda shy but I gotta follow my motto! And well it would be nice to just meet some more people, not just for romance...
    Meetup.com.

Stay away from CraigsList. It has been infested by all kinds of weirdness like casual f***buddies sites, S&M stuff, etc. Not judging, just not my scene.

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast