Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again page 12

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I don't think I really realized how much stress was going on until it was gone. It sort of became the daily norm for a while there. I *handle * stress well, as in no freaking out histrionics in the hospital corridor, but that doesn't mean the stress is not there underneath the carefully controlled exterior.

I think one of the reasons the egggirl is having such great success is because she is coming from a *very* SAD state of eating and being very overweight and really having a messed up metabolism. She is fixing a lot of things and more power to her. I doubt if someone going from regular Primal to all eggs would get as dramatic a result.
    I know - I hear you. I'm great in a crisis. I'm super rational, and keep every one calm. But inside all manner of things are crashing down, and it results in me crying to taxi cab drivers at 4am I think going through hard things, and in hindsight realising that you were stressed is really positive. You'll be more aware when the next stressful situation arises. It's great that you have so much support here on MDA

I'm delighted for Egg Lady, but I'm just so skeptical of these crash diets. I don't think I know of any cases where people kept the weight off.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I suspect that this kind of crash diet into Primal (egg diet) is really effective for fast reduction of inflammation (hence so much wait lost in so little time), but actual weight loss will remain to be seen. Of course, without being able to do body comp evaluation, who knows.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    If it were me, I would be ok with an open relationship, but only if i knew it was truly open. LIke, wifey says to my face, in person, that it's a-ok. But otherwise, ti's just another layer of lies, and for me, I can't abide that.

But, i'm glad you had a great time.

We had a 6.8 earth quake followed by 3 saftershocks sitting at 4.4. not close enough to the city to be a problem, but people are freaked out. I actually enjoy the darn things -- I guess I don't fear the powerlessness of it all.

Also, my sister is having her baby *right now*.
    Yeah, I'm uncomfortable with it too. I think this one gets put in the friends/hiking buddies category.
    Stay safe re the quakes. And Congrats on the new nephew!

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I know - I hear you. I'm great in a crisis. I'm super rational, and keep every one calm. But inside all manner of things are crashing down, and it results in me crying to taxi cab drivers at 4am I think going through hard things, and in hindsight realising that you were stressed is really positive. You'll be more aware when the next stressful situation arises. It's great that you have so much support here on MDA

I'm delighted for Egg Lady, but I'm just so skeptical of these crash diets. I don't think I know of any cases where people kept the weight off.
    Yes, and it does help to write it out. I think the EggGirl is doing nothing but good in her case because she is breaking her addiction to sugary processed foods. Hopefully that will stick with her as she transitions to regular Primal eating.

Once I've used up all my cheese, I think I may try this egg thing just for a hoot.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I suspect that this kind of crash diet into Primal (egg diet) is really effective for fast reduction of inflammation (hence so much wait lost in so little time), but actual weight loss will remain to be seen. Of course, without being able to do body comp evaluation, who knows.
    True, but also a dozen eggs is only 840 calories but I doubt I would be able to eat much more than that in a day. That's about how much CarbDodger eats on her anti diabetes/anti-cancer weight loss plan and she has been getting phenomenal results.

Also I think 840 calories of eggs would cover the nutritional needs of the body much better than say 840 calories of potatoes (which would do nothing but make me a plugged up bloated mess).

Paleobird Guest
    In other San Diego news......It's ComicCon time again and the convention center is right in my new neighborhood. There are a lot of interesting.......people.......walking along the streets of downtown San Diego this weekend. I passed right by Wonder Woman while out walking the dog.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    One day I'd love to go to ComicCon, just for the people-watching. I reckon it would be a hoot.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    there's a similar event here, and we know so many people who go because they LOVE 'cosplay.' They're a very creative lot of people, really.

still getting quakes -- we're still rolling with aftershocks every 10 minutes or so. Most of them hardly noticable, but showing up on the instruments (i have the web site up where they report things).

Our building downtown was given the all clear though, today, and our risk of another big one has gone down to just 10% so it's unlikely. Sky is *beautiful* tonight, too.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    See any Bronies at these cosplay events?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Wonder Woman? Must have been Pebbles67 (Wonder Woman is her thing). Sorry for the egregious typo earlier. "Weight" not "wait".
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I don't know what a Bronie is, so I wouldn't know if I saw one.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I don't know what a Bronie is, so I wouldn't know if I saw one.
    Consider yourself lucky. Heehee. Just kidding. Sort of. I guess.

A guy who likes MyLittlePony. And not just to get girls.

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast