Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again page 11

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I read your grammar post on the another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Mark should put a sticky up at the top saying, "You LOSE weight so your pants will be LOOSE".
    And another saying, "YOU'RE looking great because YOUR muscles are toning up".
    And I have just the thing for you: Typing-in-full-sentences-because-youre-an-educated-hero

Lots of LOL moments

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yeah, I know it's "vanity weight" mostly. The size 6s still button but with a muffin top that is not attractive.

Thinking back to how I did the most losing before it really was mostly carnivorous. I would generally do 6 eggs for breakfast and then a piece of meat or fish for dinner with a little side of something like asparagus. I think all the extraneous things like desserts, booze, fruit snacking etc. got cut out in the name of calories but I was on a high protein focus. I was advised in the Calorie Counting thread to up my protein so even the veg sides were minimal.

Then I started eating a lot more veggies when I started taking care of my Dad. And putting on weight. Hard to tell which is the confounding variable there, stress or diet.

I've been thinking about that girl who has that egg fast thread going. I could do that easily. A dozen eggs a day is only 850 calories depending on the size of the eggs. Add some butter and/or mayo and that would be a good day's eats.
    It's true - stress can definitely contribute to weight gain.

If that's how you lost the weight the first time then do what works! I'm trying to lose vanity weight too, and I'm going a route I never tried before - exercise!

The egg diet is scary... I can't believe she's lost 20 lbs so quickly! wtf. I just wonder how likely she is to keep it off...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Never mind.
    Last edited by Sabine; 07-20-2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Reconsidered. It didn't need to be said.

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    btw, i wasn't saying that one should have burritos. just that it's one of those things that I've asserted I'm having dammit! LOL

had three earthquakes in 3 days -- 5.7, 4.5, and 5.8. luckily, they were far enough from us to just feel the sway and jolt, and not do any real damage. maybe near the epicenter, but I haven't heard anything in the news about it.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    You do have to chop up or use a grater on those bars. I forget the exact instructions, but you combine with hot water, let it set till it's all combined and then apply. I definitely recommend googling (or check out the Lush forums on their site) images of people who have used the bars to get idea of what shade it will come out.

This is a couple of years ago, with caca rouge.
    That's a nice shade. The one I use is just a little darker than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    I really, really like Lush! Not everything, but of the things we use, we are devoted and loyal customers. No henna here, tho - try that on my snow-white head!
    Once my hair is snow white, I will wear it proudly natural. I'm at that in between point however of a bit of salt in the pepper that just makes the whole thing look dingy, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    It's true - stress can definitely contribute to weight gain.

If that's how you lost the weight the first time then do what works! I'm trying to lose vanity weight too, and I'm going a route I never tried before - exercise!
    The egg diet is scary... I can't believe she's lost 20 lbs so quickly! wtf. I just wonder how likely she is to keep it off...
    I don't think I really realized how much stress was going on until it was gone. It sort of became the daily norm for a while there. I *handle * stress well, as in no freaking out histrionics in the hospital corridor, but that doesn't mean the stress is not there underneath the carefully controlled exterior.

I think one of the reasons the egggirl is having such great success is because she is coming from a *very* SAD state of eating and being very overweight and really having a messed up metabolism. She is fixing a lot of things and more power to her. I doubt if someone going from regular Primal to all eggs would get as dramatic a result.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    btw, i wasn't saying that one should have burritos. just that it's one of those things that I've asserted I'm having dammit! LOL

had three earthquakes in 3 days -- 5.7, 4.5, and 5.8. luckily, they were far enough from us to just feel the sway and jolt, and not do any real damage. maybe near the epicenter, but I haven't heard anything in the news about it.
    I had quesodillas for dinner last night and they were delicious. Just have a bit of cheese left to use up.

I hope you and yours stay safe. I know earthquakes are a fact of life where you live as they are in California.

Yup. we're all good. epicenter is about 30-40 kms away, so, it's really not a huge thing. It's just so many at once. Right after I wrote that post, we had another 4.2 rumble, apparently.

Going to take the kiddo out to the park soon. It's such a warm, not-windy winter day. Great for all of us to be out for a couple of hours.

Paleobird Guest
    I went out dancing last night with a Meetup group and had a blast. I met this really gorgeous guy and we spent the whole time on the dance floor. Oooh I do love it when a guy knows how to "boogie". We then has a lovely little walk along the harbor as he walked me to my car.

He told me he is looking for someone who likes hiking and camping and cruising (oh goodie!) because...............wait for it.............his wife doesn't like those things.

Oh. Crap.

I would have no problem with a polyamorous relationship, if fact it would be refreshingly low pressure, but I feel uncomfortable about the lying and sneaking around aspect of participating in someone else's infidelity.

He and his wife have basically been together forever and he has no intention of leaving her but she just doesn't do the things he likes to do like get out for dancing, hiking, camping, etc. They have gotten to a sort of "don't ask, don't tell" policy about where he goes and with whom. If she were really fine with his extra curricular activities and everyone could be open about it, I would be interested.

I honestly got the impression that he was not just looking to get laid, he's older than I am and just not the "player" type. I believe him that he is looking for a special someone but that would still be a someone on the side.

Hell, maybe I should take him up on it. Some no strings attached fun might do me good. I don't want diamond rings and til death do us part vows. I don't even want anybody pressuring me to live together. I like living alone.

And, dayum, that man can *dance*

If it were me, I would be ok with an open relationship, but only if i knew it was truly open. LIke, wifey says to my face, in person, that it's a-ok. But otherwise, ti's just another layer of lies, and for me, I can't abide that.

But, i'm glad you had a great time.

We had a 6.8 earth quake followed by 3 saftershocks sitting at 4.4. not close enough to the city to be a problem, but people are freaked out. I actually enjoy the darn things -- I guess I don't fear the powerlessness of it all.

Also, my sister is having her baby *right now*.

So, yeah, she had baby Henry David.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Big congrats to your sister, Zoebird!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the new soul on the planet!

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast