Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again page 10

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    OK, off to the radiologist now. Any thoughts and well wishes should be directed to Kaiser La Mesa facility San Diego, California. Thanks.
    Positive thoughts headed your way, Robin. I like the new journal.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Positive thoughts headed your way, Robin. I like the new journal.
    Thanks, Greensprout.
    Back home now after a thorough boob squish and scan session.
    Yesterday was my first serious try at an LHT workout in a while so my pectorals were already feeling a bit sore before being scrunched onto a photographic plate.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I hope the whole thing comes back clear!

I have henna on my feet! My friend sylvia does it, and she did it for me today. It's cool.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I hope the whole thing comes back clear!
    I have henna on my feet! My friend sylvia does it, and she did it for me today. It's cool.
    Thanks, Zoe. It will be a week or so before I know.

Henna is awesome stuff. I've been using on my hair lately and it's feeling so think and healthy I may decide to let it grow out long again. (I cut it short after an unfortunate attempt at a spiral perm did some damage.)

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I used henna from Lush (those smelly "all natural" soap stores). There's no metallics so you don't have to worry about bleaching it later or using heat on your hair. It smelled great and felt amazing, but I don't like tying myself to natural colors for very long =P
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Commiserations on the boob squish, PB. My mammo this year caught something, luckily it turned out to be nothing after the recall, but it was close to the armpit waaay close to the ribs, so I got totally mashed in the machines this year as they rotated the machine and plates this way and that. Actually sore. But still nothing like you had to endure.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Check into having a thermogram rather than a mammogram. No booby squishing involved.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I used henna from Lush (those smelly "all natural" soap stores). There's no metallics so you don't have to worry about bleaching it later or using heat on your hair. It smelled great and felt amazing, but I don't like tying myself to natural colors for very long =P
    I just looked them up. It looks like their colors come in a cake like bakers chocolate. Do you have to soak it in water first? How do you get it on your hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Commiserations on the boob squish, PB. My mammo this year caught something, luckily it turned out to be nothing after the recall, but it was close to the armpit waaay close to the ribs, so I got totally mashed in the machines this year as they rotated the machine and plates this way and that. Actually sore. But still nothing like you had to endure.
    I'm so glad yours turned out to be nothing. Better to know. Mine was right back by the ribs too. Know what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Check into having a thermogram rather than a mammogram. No booby squishing involved.
    From what I have read that looks like really interesting technology but I don't think it is up to the level of accuracy needed yet to keep from getting a lot of false positive that freak people out and false negatives that overlook problems for another year or two while they grow. I think this technology may one day revolutionize medical imaging. It just isn't there yet.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    You do have to chop up or use a grater on those bars. I forget the exact instructions, but you combine with hot water, let it set till it's all combined and then apply. I definitely recommend googling (or check out the Lush forums on their site) images of people who have used the bars to get idea of what shade it will come out.

This is a couple of years ago, with caca rouge.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I really, really like Lush! Not everything, but of the things we use, we are devoted and loyal customers. No henna here, tho - try that on my snow-white head!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast