Thread: Wegmans grass fed ground beef -- is it 100%? page

NoMoreGrains is offline Member

Wegmans grass fed ground beef -- is it 100%?

Shop Now
    For the past few weeks, I've been eating Wegmans brand "Organic Grass Fed Ground Beef". I'm a bit skeptical of its claims of being truely grass fed. First off, is it even possible for beef to be both organic and grass fed? Is the grass that the cows graze on grown organically, or (more likely), is this a marketing gimmick, meaning that the cows are basically CAFO cows fed organic grain, and given *some* grass on which to graze? The absence of the "100%" on the label makes me wonder. Also, it's only $4.99/lb. Fortunately, I also have a Trader Joe's near me, and noticed that they sell 100% grass fed ground beef for only a dollar more. I'm thinking about contacting Wegmans customer service (not sure how successful that will be) to find out the truth. Anyone have experience with Wegmans grass fed beef?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Grass fed can certainly be organic. No unnatural fertilizers or pesticides used on the pasture.

I'm a huge fan of Wegmans, and I love that they're so very knowledgeable about their products. 9 times out of 10, if you ask them a question, they'll give you a full answer on what or where a product is from, and how it's produced.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreGrains View Post
    For the past few weeks, I've been eating Wegmans brand "Organic Grass Fed Ground Beef". I'm a bit skeptical of its claims of being truely grass fed. First off, is it even possible for beef to be both organic and grass fed? Is the grass that the cows graze on grown organically, or (more likely), is this a marketing gimmick, meaning that the cows are basically CAFO cows fed organic grain, and given *some* grass on which to graze? The absence of the "100%" on the label makes me wonder. Also, it's only $4.99/lb. Fortunately, I also have a Trader Joe's near me, and noticed that they sell 100% grass fed ground beef for only a dollar more. I'm thinking about contacting Wegmans customer service (not sure how successful that will be) to find out the truth. Anyone have experience with Wegmans grass fed beef?
    ONLY $4.99??

Ha, my 1/2 cow will be arriving soon at a measly $2.88 lb.

And, I get all cuts - NY Strip, porterhouse, t-bone, ground beef too of course, liver, EVERYTHING!

If ya can... call up some family members and/or friends and buy half a cow! There are about 10 people sharing the one I purchased. It's 100% grass fed too.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!