Thread: Barefoot Kid Shoes page

Cat804 is offline Junior Member

Barefoot Kid Shoes

My 18 month old starts a daycare program this fall. I've kept him out of shoes until now- are there any good close to barefoot shoes for little guys? Are the soft Robeez decent? Any shoe suggestions for my 4 year old, who's been in normal sneakers for two years now?

----------
    Gettinghealthyc.blogspot.com

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    My niece has had some luck finding some (unknown name) at Target.

You might want to check out SoftStar Shoes:

Soft Star Barefoot Kids Shoes | Soft Star Shoes

And Merrell:

Running Shoes for Kids

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    we have five fingers for our 4 yr old. they are tough to get on (though he's got it now), so we'll go with another kind of merrells next time.

Jenry Hennings is online now Senior Member
    VivoBarefoot i think do kids shoes, and if it's any incentive, i have a re-usable 20% discount code if you consider buying them. (p.s. it works on all vivo products fyi for anyone interested)

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    A second for soft star shoes. Plus they have adult shoes, too.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Thanks all! Soft star seems perfect. My husband put some sneakers on him the other day, and it was really apparent how not meant to walk in them our feet are from the way the poor boy was tripping all over himself. It was good for a quick laugh though

SuBee is offline Member
    I love Softstar as much for their business model as for their shoes. IME, Robeez and the other soft shoes for little kids that are similar to Softstar are just fine, nice and wide and super-soft, and you might be able to find some second-hand.

My son (11) has a pair of Merrell barefoot sneakers (Trail Glove? Can't remember) that are great. Luckily his feet are my size, so I get them when he outgrows them (he wears his crocs most of the time).

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat804 View Post
    My 18 month old starts a daycare program this fall. I've kept him out of shoes until now- are there any good close to barefoot shoes for little guys? Are the soft Robeez decent? Any shoe suggestions for my 4 year old, who's been in normal sneakers for two years now?

I loved robeez for both my kids.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Does the daycare require shoes? If not, then why not just your kiddo go barefoot? "Barefoot" shoes are still shoes. While they may give your a more natural gait, you still loose most of your contact with ground surfaces. Same with your 4 year old, why where shoes at all if they are not required?
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    They're required at the daycare. The reasoning wasn't what I expected though- I was thinking they would quote being sanitary at me or something, but instead they told me that due to codes, if there's a fire/emergency or drill, they have to be able to take the kids outside at any time. To take kids outside, they have to be wearing shoes under regs. Ergo the little guys have to have foot covers on at all times. It's funny how risk management measures manifest themselves.