Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brown recluse spider bites... any ideas? page 3

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    my garage is infested with them. i was out there today and had one crawling on my leg. last year i killed 26 in one afternoon. sucks. not sure how to get rid of them

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    god i hate those things. we have the standard and delicate wispy ones with long legs that run like a cheetah. i don't know what they are, but they have the same body shape and violin

put down lots of glue traps against walls and in all the corners, on counters, under sofas and tables and beds. if you have piles of things stacked that you haven't moved in a while, straighten up cause they love to live in piles of things. and jump out. to say hi. with their fangs.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    I just keep thinking of that series of photos someone took of a brown recluse spider bite they got as it progressed. If you look through them quickly, it looks like it's exploding.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Ooooh I remember that. It was pretty horrifying.
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gager View Post
    my garage is infested with them. i was out there today and had one crawling on my leg. last year i killed 26 in one afternoon. sucks. not sure how to get rid of them
    I've suggested a shop-vac with mothballs in the cannister, but I don't get them up here, so I can't test it.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborcat View Post
    I just keep thinking of that series of photos someone took of a brown recluse spider bite they got as it progressed. If you look through them quickly, it looks like it's exploding.
    I've seen it too and am so glad the OP will not have to deal with such a nasty injury!

I have a friend who bought a pair of pants at a secondhand clothing store. He wore them without washing them and ended up with a brown recluse spider bite. He went to the ER and thankfully the doctor he saw was from Florida and knew right away what it was. (I'm in Minnesota where our cold, cold winters kill most of the scary stuff.) He was in the hospital for several days. Makes me wonder where those pants came from and how long the spider lived in them before they travelled to Minnesota!
    Ann of the Jungle's Primal Blueprint Journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78155.html

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarek View Post
    Sorry?

My intent wasn't to be dramatic. I had a legitimate concern; I took it here because I've been using this forum for a good while and I trust this community to give good advice. I felt the need to take some caution, but my gut told me to sleep on it and go to the ER in the morning if it worsened or did not improve. Fortunately, after sleeping, it has healed up nicely. I have no idea what caused it.

Again, my apologies if this came off as a false alarm. I am very sorry if I raised some concern or upset anyone here. That definitely wasn't my intent when I made this thread.
    Ignore her. I think she has a tendency to overreact.

A friend of mine was bitten by a spider that we thought was a brown recluse (we lived in Northern CA at the time and there actually are brown recluses). He didn't think it was a big deal until his entire arm became stiff and sore (he was bitten on the finger because he tried to flick the spider with his fingers). He never went to the doctor though, and it got better on its own eventually.

Beachbrat is offline Junior Member
    Unless there is significant swelling and damage the current treatment protocol is a wait and see. They let the venom do what it is going to do and then see if any debridement and repair needs to be done.

I got a fiddleback bite in March and you can still see a faint discoloration to the area. Benadryl and neosporin.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachbrat View Post
    Unless there is significant swelling and damage the current treatment protocol is a wait and see. They let the venom do what it is going to do and then see if any debridement and repair needs to be done.

I got a fiddleback bite in March and you can still see a faint discoloration to the area. Benadryl and neosporin.
    What? A fiddleback is a vegetable that tastes like adparagus.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast