Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Love the Paleo way of eating and fitness, but not the Bro-Scientists? page 4

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    So, nobody who's ever been an addict can now have anything useful to add to the paleo discussion?
    Not that it matters but Melissa has never been a heroin addict. I think Thefastcat is simply jealous of success.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Not that it matters but Melissa has never been a heroin addict. I think Thefastcat is simply jealous of success.
    No, it is true- I looked it up because I hear beating heroin is one of the hardest and I wanted to find out about this amazing woman I had never heard of:
    Coming Clean | Whole9 | Let us change your life.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    No, it is true- I looked it up because I hear beating heroin is one of the hardest and I wanted to find out about this amazing woman I had never heard of:
    Coming Clean | Whole9 | Let us change your life.
    Oh wow. I didn't know that. I know she often says "giving up heroin is hard. Giving up (whatever) is not hard". I did not know that came from real life. What an amazing woman.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    For me, anyone that COMES BACK from something that traumatic in their life, even if it is self-inflicted, is someone often worse listening to....comparing an addiction to a substance to the depravity of a violent crime is a ridiculous idea.

The absolutely most inspiring person I have ever met had a parent that beat her, later a fiance that beat her worse, was addicted to meth, and spent several months in a mental institution.

Ten years later she is a millionaire, incredibly happy, and has a 6-pack at 41. I tend to listen to her advice

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    not in my book; though George zimmerman might make a good mentor for inner city kids and aaron hernandez could be an effective baby sitter -- I don't give them the chance. They've lost that chance and privelege by their past actions.

same with the heroin addict

And you're going to use, as part of your argument, someone who committed suicide once that view was invalidated. Impressive.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Beachbrat is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    not in my book; though George zimmerman might make a good mentor for inner city kids and aaron hernandez could be an effective baby sitter -- I don't give them the chance. They've lost that chance and privelege by their past actions.
    Just FYI- George Zimmerman was a mentor before all this happened!

Everyone deserves a second, third chance! No one is perfect.

I understand what the OP is saying. Some of us are not in the best shape, have real trouble giving up the SADD diet. It can be a major struggle and it is a real turn off when you have people telling you how easy it is, to do it this way, etc. My advice would be to discuss it as it is relevant and they are willing to listen. Be supportive of each other. Remember we all learned to crawl before we could walk, to walk before we old run. Take it in baby steps if you need to. Every journey begins with that first step.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbrat View Post
    Just FYI- George Zimmerman was a mentor before all this happened!

Everyone deserves a second, third chance! No one is perfect.

I understand what the OP is saying. Some of us are not in the best shape, have real trouble giving up the SADD diet. It can be a major struggle and it is a real turn off when you have people telling you how easy it is, to do it this way, etc. My advice would be to discuss it as it is relevant and they are willing to listen. Be supportive of each other. Remember we all learned to crawl before we could walk, to walk before we old run. Take it in baby steps if you need to. Every journey begins with that first step.
    He killed a boy. Not sure how this equates to someone with an addiction.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    He killed a boy. Not sure how this equates to someone with an addiction.

He killed a thug who was beating on him in self defense and was subsequently acquitted of all charges. Or didn't you hear?
    nihil

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    life experience is a good teacher, fastcat. would i listen to her while she was neck deep in addiction? ehhh.... would i listen to her now to see what she'd learned from her experiences? sure
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Anyway, OP... Don't direct your friends towards particular clubs or cults or Internet gurus. Just suggest learning about nutrition in general. No need to join a team and give it a label. Let them discover their own groups if that's what they choose. Don't try to convert or convince anyone; only educate those who are receptive to learning. Don't encourage stereotypical prejudices or overhype certain communities. Be fluid about it. Biases begat misconceptions and misguidance.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast