Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Love the Paleo way of eating and fitness, but not the Bro-Scientists? page 2

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Just stay away from the hyper-social purer h. sapiens (flat, vertical forehead, protruding eyes, short brainpan) and find more sapiens x neanderthal (deep eyes, sloping forehead, occipital bun) for honest, face to face communication instead of verbal position-seeking games.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

crosselen is offline Junior Member
    convince people seeing your results

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Don't bother - if they like what they see in you then they'll ask.

Trying to convince someone often has the opposite effect on them and plenty of frustration for you.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Just stay away from the hyper-social purer h. sapiens (flat, vertical forehead, protruding eyes, short brainpan) and find more sapiens x neanderthal (deep eyes, sloping forehead, occipital bun) for honest, face to face communication instead of verbal position-seeking games.
    You are kidding right? I vote you go be on someone elses team.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

LittleHobbit is offline Junior Member
    Maybe the fact that I like it that much was because I was told about it by a woman that, I admit it, always was an energetic, fit helthnut (but in the same time as crazy, creative and artsy as me), and I anyways want to be more like her.
    A diet a well trained muscle guy would tell me (sorry mark XD) wouldnt be as appealing to me.
    Now I want to serve as a good example for those gals around me first, before I try to tell THEM too ^^ (also a bit of my motiveation comes from that ^^)

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    There are a LOT of women in the paleosphere!

Sarah Fragoso
    Chrissy Gower
    Juli Bauer
    Alison Golden
    Melissa Joulwan
    Michelle Tam
    Sarah Ballentine
    Diane Sanfilippo
    Liz Wolfe
    Amy Kubal
    Julianne Taylor
    Emily Deans
    Kendall Kendrick
    Karen Phelps
    Diana Rodgers
    Peggy Emch

And some (straight!) couples: Toth/McCarry, Mason/Staley, the Hartwigs, the Caltons

Maybe you could point your friends in their direction? I think Alison Golden is particularly approachable - in her 50s and fixed her endometriosis and one of her kid's serious behavioural problems with paleo.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    I think the OP is referring to the fact that a lot of young guys that are on paleo/primal are very "holier than thou" with their approach to others....these are people that insist on the following rules:

1) Your fitness is determined by your one rep maxes and how massive you are. Every other measure is for wussies or quitters.
    2) It is perfectly fine to vehemently argue VERY minute points of fitness or nutrition without any mention of cost or compliance. This is the "Eat 155g of Southwest Refried Panda Rectum to get ripped!" crowd. The fact that something is expensive, tastes terrible, or is miserable to do does not factor in. If it does, refer to number one.
    3) Unless someone is bigger than you or stronger than you, they are to be looked down upon as weaklings and bottom-feeders. Trample the weak, hurdle the dead. The fact that you may have a much better education, more happiness, more anything else, is not to be considered. I lift more = I am better than you, all the time.

Ok, so perhaps those above are exaggerations....the sad part is that not by much

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    I think the OP is referring to the fact that a lot of young guys that are on paleo/primal are very "holier than thou" with their approach to others....these are people that insist on the following rules:

1) Your fitness is determined by your one rep maxes and how massive you are. Every other measure is for wussies or quitters.
    2) It is perfectly fine to vehemently argue VERY minute points of fitness or nutrition without any mention of cost or compliance. This is the "Eat 155g of Southwest Refried Panda Rectum to get ripped!" crowd. The fact that something is expensive, tastes terrible, or is miserable to do does not factor in. If it does, refer to number one.
    3) Unless someone is bigger than you or stronger than you, they are to be looked down upon as weaklings and bottom-feeders. Trample the weak, hurdle the dead. The fact that you may have a much better education, more happiness, more anything else, is not to be considered. I lift more = I am better than you, all the time.

Ok, so perhaps those above are exaggerations....the sad part is that not by much
    Young guys who are thinking their own n = 1 is a one-size-fits-all plan.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by upupandaway View Post
    There are a LOT of women in the paleosphere!

Sarah Fragoso
    Chrissy Gower
    Juli Bauer
    Alison Golden
    Melissa Joulwan
    Michelle Tam
    Sarah Ballentine
    Diane Sanfilippo
    Liz Wolfe
    Amy Kubal
    Julianne Taylor
    Emily Deans
    Kendall Kendrick
    Karen Phelps
    Diana Rodgers
    Peggy Emch

And some (straight!) couples: Toth/McCarry, Mason/Staley, the Hartwigs, the Caltons

Maybe you could point your friends in their direction? I think Alison Golden is particularly approachable - in her 50s and fixed her endometriosis and one of her kid's serious behavioural problems with paleo.
    This. Lets add Melissa Hartwig to this list.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Upupandaway, Alison Golden was a great suggestion. I think that's the kind of suggestion I believe the OP was talking about. As much as I like Mark and Robb some of us women don't identify with them.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast