Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Love the Paleo way of eating and fitness, but not the Bro-Scientists? page 15

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Thrive Market
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i think it's because people think the government is all powerful so the attitude is all 'what can i do?'
    People seem to enjoy the idea of an all powerful government as long as it gives them free bread and circuses. People hate the idea of working for a living.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    i think it's because people think the government is all powerful so the attitude is all 'what can i do?'
    Well people got a point. I've signed the useless ass petitions and sent letters to my senators. Got back some standard "we care and do our best to lube up before penetration..." bull shit. I guess I could secede from the union and declare my yard to be Petoria (like family guy... not Illinois ).

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    He looks Hispanic
    Not ashamed to say I never even heard of any of this till this thread and I have no opinion for that simple matter, but the one and only time I saw the guy yesterda..... Yeah, I would describe him as Hispanic without a second thought.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Well people got a point. I've signed the useless ass petitions and sent letters to my senators. Got back some standard "we care and do our best to lube up before penetration..." bull shit. I guess I could secede from the union and declare my yard to be Petoria (like family guy... not Illinois ).
    if we can round up a bunch of people willing to get shot for the cause for a few weeks, we might just make a difference
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

kenn is offline Senior Member
    if we can round up a bunch of people willing to get shot for the cause for a few weeks, we might just make a difference
    All the more reason to pass laws banning guns and confiscating them
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I don't think guns should be banned at all.
    nihil

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    At the time of the incident, Zimmerman looked like a hoodlum, like an aging gang member. Now he looks like a fat white guy. Coincidence? I think not.
    He doesn't look white at all, that's just your bias interfering with your perception.
    nihil

Paleo Goth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    I think the OP is referring to the fact that a lot of young guys that are on paleo/primal are very "holier than thou" with their approach to others....these are people that insist on the following rules:

1) Your fitness is determined by your one rep maxes and how massive you are. Every other measure is for wussies or quitters.
    2) It is perfectly fine to vehemently argue VERY minute points of fitness or nutrition without any mention of cost or compliance. This is the "Eat 155g of Southwest Refried Panda Rectum to get ripped!" crowd. The fact that something is expensive, tastes terrible, or is miserable to do does not factor in. If it does, refer to number one.
    3) Unless someone is bigger than you or stronger than you, they are to be looked down upon as weaklings and bottom-feeders. Trample the weak, hurdle the dead. The fact that you may have a much better education, more happiness, more anything else, is not to be considered. I lift more = I am better than you, all the time.

Ok, so perhaps those above are exaggerations....the sad part is that not by much
    Hah! This is exactly what "Bro-science" means. Sorry, I should have specified- it doesn't refer to male scientists or male paleos. Indeed, many a female on these forums fall prey to bro-scienceology! I posited this question because the one friend that I did convince to try paleo, eased her fibromyalgia, cured her post-partum depression, restored her energy, and she lost twenty pounds. HOWEVER, she lamented that she was soured by the Paleo/Primal forums by the aforementioned "bro-scientists".

I think she could have gained extra support and insight from forums, like this one, but it turned her off. Hell, I don't even bother anymore, and I've been at this for four years. My other SAD and Vegetarian friends are pretty sensitive, and although I think they would fare way better on paleo, they wouldn't be able to withstand the rudeness here.

Case in point, this became some sort of racism/gun-control, leftist vs. right wing, thread!?!

The faux-bro-science bits were amusing, though, kudos on those.

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    That's the interwebz. Every forum I've ever been in I've had to recommend with the caveat "if you can behave on the internet." Take the best, leave the rest, etc.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Paleo Goth is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    That's the interwebz. Every forum I've ever been in I've had to recommend with the caveat "if you can behave on the internet." Take the best, leave the rest, etc.
    Evolution of the human intellect is taking a very unfortunate turn if putting up with rude cretins needs to become a caveat, when interacting with other humans.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast