Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Love the Paleo way of eating and fitness, but not the Bro-Scientists? page 12

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Are we leaving out the fact that said unarmed man had broken the armed man's nose and slammed his head repeatedly into the ground?

As for the OP, I would be far less worried about the bro-science and far more worried about the large number of hormonal issues that apparently inflict themselves on a huge portion of the female population of this site. I had no idea there were so many reasons women could not lose weight/fat/get healthy until I became a member here. Perhaps it goes back to the idea of not going to hospitals to find healthy people...
    What's interesting is most medical trials for women are done on post menopause women
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Ariana30 is offline Senior Member
    All concerned--

Self-absorbed convictions and prejudices do not belong on a Website as racially and culturally diverse as this one...
    Last edited by Ariana30; 07-16-2013 at 04:56 AM.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Are we leaving out the fact that said unarmed man had broken the armed man's nose and slammed his head repeatedly into the ground?

As for the OP, I would be far less worried about the bro-science and far more worried about the large number of hormonal issues that apparently inflict themselves on a huge portion of the female population of this site. I had no idea there were so many reasons women could not lose weight/fat/get healthy until I became a member here. Perhaps it goes back to the idea of not going to hospitals to find healthy people...
    My guess is you aren't married. If you are..so sad for her and I vote she takes you to the cleaners.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    My guess is you aren't married. If you are..so sad for her and I vote she takes you to the cleaners.

He is and you're in the minority view on those points

Your intolerance for people that don't think like you is appalling
    Last edited by kenn; 07-16-2013 at 05:23 AM.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    oceangrl is quickly taking over for gorbag as the most annoying person on this forum. canio6 is a stand up guy and his statement wasn't offensive in the least bit. to lower myself to your level of judgementalness, i'm bet that you're a sad lonely cat lady.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    oceangrl is quickly taking over for gorbag as the most annoying person on this forum. canio6 is a stand up guy and his statement wasn't offensive in the least bit. to lower myself to your level of judgementalness, i'm bet that you're a sad lonely cat lady.
    Definitely not my intention but you are okay with someone who claims women are led by hormones? I am out. The second I am compared to gorbag..sorry canio6

Twibble is offline Senior Member

He is (kinda recently, actually- congrats!), and I'm confused about which part of that you find offensive. A large proportion of the women here do seem to have hormonal issues, but I'm fairly certain that's why they're here in the first place.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Definitely not my intention but you are okay with someone who claims women are led by hormones? I am out. The second I am compared to gorbag..sorry canio6

You're reading more into Canio's words than he said.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    oceangrl is quickly taking over for gorbag as the most annoying person on this forum.
    Does that make him King Troll Numero Dos?

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks all. I am married (as many have said) and very happily so. My point was not that women are led by hormones, but that many women here (as Twibble states) have some kind of hormonal issue that makes losing weight/fat or gaining optimal health, even through primal, very difficult. I find that rather frightening. I read the young dude n=1 and think, "Yeah, perhaps that works for him" where as many of the women it is "nothing works for me" I find that depressing. I admire the fact they try, but it is rather daunting.

If I were a woman without said issues I might read many of the posts here by women and think they do not apply or that primal is only for persons with hormonal issues. I find the n=1 experiments done by many of the women here to be just as bizarre as the bro-science, which I also take with a grain of salt (or two).

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast