Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Love the Paleo way of eating and fitness, but not the Bro-Scientists? page 11

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yup bro science sux. Thats why I think black heroin addicted white paleo entrepreneurs castrate turtles.

Cool thread yo!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    I wish I didn't just wikipedia that ((

that is so terrible. (
    It is, I almost wish I never read about it too. Ignorance is bliss and whatnot.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    It is, I almost wish I never read about it too. Ignorance is bliss and whatnot.
    Idiot

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Idiot

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    What, exactly, is idiotic about that two sentence post? Go occupy some protest with all your other brainwashed liberal kin. Go get some justice that way.

When all else fails the naysayers resort to baseless name calling. I have the creativity to call you far worse things than "idiot", but I choose not to stoop to your level.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I may be a dumb brainwashed liberal, but having lived in a lot of states in this vast land of ours, let's just say that I would have been surprised if he was convicted. I once blissfully thought that since we all ate the same food, watched the same TV, said the same Pledge of Allegiance, etc., that moving from one state to another would really only mean a change of weather. Sadly this isn't true. The deep seated racism in some states, even when they cover it by never saying the N-word, but instead using the phrase "those people," is palpable.

I wasn't there. I wasn't even in the court room. But if I had a bookie, I could have made a few bucks by betting on the verdict.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I may be a dumb brainwashed liberal, but having lived in a lot of states in this vast land of ours, let's just say that I would have been surprised if he was convicted. I once blissfully thought that since we all ate the same food, watched the same TV, said the same Pledge of Allegiance, etc., that moving from one state to another would really only mean a change of weather. Sadly this isn't true. The deep seated racism in some states, even when they cover it by never saying the N-word, but instead using the phrase "those people," is palpable.

I wasn't there. I wasn't even in the court room. But if I had a bookie, I could have made a few bucks by betting on the verdict.
    So you're claiming racism against blacks led to a Hispanic gaining a not guilty verdict?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

There is hard statistics that although black people make up a significantly smaller number of the population, they commit the majority of crimes, especially violent. This is indisputable, but makes me a bigot for even saying it in this day and age. This is usually why I mention having a problem with liberals. I don't mean to sound aggressive towards anyone who I have no reason to be aggressive towards. It sucks to have to have stereotypes, but they exist for a reason.

And what of racism towards whites? Why doesn't this get any sort of recognition? For example: CNN Weighs

Also, racism played entirely no part in this trial, except the profiling of a person that lived up to the stereotype of a thug in every definition. Gold teeth, hoodie, walking around in a closed community probably with a strut. Oh, and the racism on Trayvon Martin's part when he referred to George Zimmerman, a hispanic, as a "creepy ass cracka".

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    I'm a proud bro-scientist of the law. In my humble bropinion, even if Zimmerman is guilty, the prosecution didn't present their case very well. They especially didn't prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt. The defense did a solid job of cross-examining the State's witnesses, either undermining their credibility or finding testimony that helped Zimmerman. Heck, when it came time for the defense to present their evidence, West and O'Mara probably could've taken a nap in the courtroom. They still would've won.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    So you're claiming racism against blacks led to a Hispanic gaining a not guilty verdict?
    Maybe. Brown might be easier to accept than black. For some. Especially in FL where brown people have been a part of the landscape since the 1950s. I have my own prejudices, though they don't revolve around color. I would hope I could leave them outside if ever called for Jury Duty. But I'm human, so I'm not sure. The two southern states I've lived in were FL (though not considered part of The South) and Louisiana. The terms "those people" and "our blacks," make me cringe inwardly because of what they imply, not because of the actual words.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    There is hard statistics that although black people make up a significantly smaller number of the population, they commit the majority of crimes, especially violent. This is indisputable, but makes me a bigot for even saying it in this day and age. This is usually why I mention having a problem with liberals. I don't mean to sound aggressive towards anyone who I have no reason to be aggressive towards. It sucks to have to have stereotypes, but they exist for a reason.
    I don't think statistics have any part in an individual act. However, they might come into play when betting on an outcome. An armed man killed an unarmed man. If that were the only fact, what would most people conclude? Like I said, I was neither at the scene, nor in the court room. I would have made my bet based on my experiences. I would like to hope that given the responsibility of Jury Duty, I would have kept an open mind.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    An armed man killed an unarmed man. If that were the only fact, what would most people conclude?
    Are we leaving out the fact that said unarmed man had broken the armed man's nose and slammed his head repeatedly into the ground?

As for the OP, I would be far less worried about the bro-science and far more worried about the large number of hormonal issues that apparently inflict themselves on a huge portion of the female population of this site. I had no idea there were so many reasons women could not lose weight/fat/get healthy until I became a member here. Perhaps it goes back to the idea of not going to hospitals to find healthy people...
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast