Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it as hard for you to get almond butter in your town as it is in mine? page

sbhikes is offline Senior Member

Is it as hard for you to get almond butter in your town as it is in mine?

Primal Fuel
    This is getting ridiculous. Trader Joe's in Santa Barbara (and there are 3 stores) is always out of almond butter. They are only allowed to carry a small number of jars (so they say) and they don't limit how many a customer can buy so as soon as they get any in store, people buy them all. So they never have any almond butter when we are able to go.

Anywhere else costs as much as $20 or more for a jar of almond butter. I like almond butter but it's not worth $20 a jar.

Is it this hard for you to find almond butter? I'm thinking we're going to have to buy it off the internet if we're ever going to have any ever again.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Paleobird Guest
    You don't have Sprout's up there (used to be called Henry's)?

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    If you have a Fresh Market nearby you can go in and make your own. I'm sure its not as cheap as TJ, but you grind what you need.

Roary is offline Senior Member
    Yeah ... Do you know why? Is there an almond shortage? I love almond butter, but I haven't able to find an acceptable one in months. In a way it's been good, since I feel like the habit is broken and to be honest, I was not needing those delicious calories ...

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    This is getting ridiculous. Trader Joe's in Santa Barbara (and there are 3 stores) is always out of almond butter. They are only allowed to carry a small number of jars (so they say) and they don't limit how many a customer can buy so as soon as they get any in store, people buy them all. So they never have any almond butter when we are able to go.

Anywhere else costs as much as $20 or more for a jar of almond butter. I like almond butter but it's not worth $20 a jar.

Is it this hard for you to find almond butter? I'm thinking we're going to have to buy it off the internet if we're ever going to have any ever again.
    YUMBUTTER!

Yumbutter

It probably meets your 'not worth it' price cut off but it is SO good and they give back with a Buy One/Feed One program. Their current focus is on Haiti.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I like raw almond butter without the skins, because they roast it too dark and I hate getting the skins caught in my teeth. That's impossible to get locally, so I end up either making it myself or going without.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    Wow, $20 for almond butter!?!?!

There is a Hannaford (a standard box grocer, not a specialty store) I go to in VT that carries 4 brands of it....one costs $14 because it is local-made with a special kind of roasted almond (it is almost black in color). The brand I buy is $7 bucks for a normal sized jar. I had no idea this stuff was rare to find. That sucks

LittleHobbit is offline Junior Member
    I have to make mine, havent ever seen almond butter in a regular supermarket over here....

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    The honey bee colony deaths might have affected the supply of almonds. I know California specifically was concerned...

What makes most almond butter expensive is if it is organic or soaked/raw.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post
    The honey bee colony deaths might have affected the supply of almonds. I know California specifically was concerned...
    Almonds are available in all the supermarkets here at a reasonable price, so I doubt it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast