Thread: New to Primal page

lmggabe is offline Junior Member

New to Primal

Shop Now
    Hello! Just about two weeks into primal and I feel good. Getting adjusted to the meals, how many calories, what I need on intense workout days, running days, etc. The motivation to start this wasn't really weight loss, but to try be leaner and to adapt a healthier way of living. I have been an athlete all my life, but would like to make this change as I enter my 40's. I am an avid runner and train 3 times a week with a trainer (speed/agility/weights). I have read Mark's book on the primal workouts as well. My question is how sensitive is primal eating? Meaning, I read some of the posts and the responses and it seems there are many factors that can effect success and finding the right recipe for you can be difficult. I haven't lost weight yet, but my clothes are looser and I don't get that after dinner bloating I used too. I also have hypothyroidism, so not sure how much that plays a role. Any info, or being pointed in the right direction would be helpful. Thanks!

Primal-V is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hi there, congrats on joining the Primal tribe!

I think this is a tricky question, for me following the basics around 80% of the time had yielded huge results (42lbs lost in a year which was 25% of my starting weight).

If you're not doing this for weight loss then maybe you need to take measurements, or assess your fitness and record this for future comparison.

It seems that for some people there are certain things they have to get right to make progress - for me this is sleep - not always easy. Whereas the diet can definitely handle going off-plan for a meal or even a weekend without serious consequences.

Good luck in your journey!