Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mother against egg help ! page

allows is offline Junior Member

mother against egg help !

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    hi everyone I have a problem ,
    I eat eggs everyday and my mother says I'm going to be blind because of "albumin" .

Can one really eat as many eggs as he wants to ?(I'm not a crazy egg eater on average about 1-3 eggs/day)

are there any danger with albumin ?

thank you for your answers I really need them.

CaveBug is offline Senior Member
    Go blind? That's a new one. No, you won't go blind from eating egg whites although you could just eat the yolk, that's the yummy part anyways. 1-3 eggs is not crazy, heck, there are people here who do 1-3 dozen and they're doing fine.

Thank mom for her advice, that's what moms do, and make yourself a big omelet.

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    There is a danger from eating raw egg whites alone because they bind biotin (I couldn't find an article, but as I understood it even cooked whites in quantity were a problem- you need the balance of the biotin provided in the yolk). This was a bigger problem in the 1980s duirng the gym craze, so your mom may have seen warnings then. It sounds like you eat cooked whole eggs, which are safe.

Side Effects Of Egg Whites | LIVESTRONG.COM
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    There is a danger from eating raw egg whites alone because they bind biotin (I couldn't find an article, but as I understood it even cooked whites in quantity were a problem- you need the balance of the biotin provided in the yolk). This was a bigger problem in the 1980s duirng the gym craze, so your mom may have seen warnings then. It sounds like you eat cooked whole eggs, which are safe.

Side Effects Of Egg Whites | LIVESTRONG.COM
    I've always avoided eating raw egg whites for this reason. But some of the guys into weight lifting seem to consume a great many raw egg whites without any apparent deficiencies.

In any case, "If you don't stop it you'll go blind" seems to be misplaced advice.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post

In any case, "If you don't stop it you'll go blind" seems to be misplaced advice.
    Ha. If that advice were true, there wouldn't be internet forums because there wouldn't be anyone able to read them.

mike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Ha. If that advice were true, there wouldn't be internet forums because there wouldn't be anyone able to read them.
    At least this forum wouldn't exist because I thought my wife and I were going through a lot of eggs at about 2 dozen per week but there are people here that eat a lot more than us.

You need to get your Ps on board with your life style change. There's a lot of parents here in this forum. maybe they can help.

John Watson is offline Member
    Have no worries!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Ask her to show you the research.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    I think it is weird that the commenters want to be confrontational and disrespectful. If your mother asks you a reasonable question, you show HER the research. Seriously.

I do not assume this mother is "anti-primal." I assume she saw a public health message she didn't completely understand and she asked a reasonable question.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    I agree with loafing cactus. My mom comes up with all sorts of CW stuff and I either kindly let it slide or I send her info from Chris Kresser or other sources.

It did remind me a little bit of the old "you'll poke your eye out with that thing".

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by oceangrl; 07-13-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast