Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mother against egg help ! page 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I had no idea that asking someone to show the research was confrontational. I guess I grew up in one of those damned liberal households where asking "why?" was okay. Also, it's easier to find studies done on "X causes Y" than it is to find them on "X doesn't cause Y."
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    It's funny how people start to blame foods like eggs for being hazardous to health, but they don't think twice about shoveling processed junk down their throats on a daily basis (this is isn't directed at you OP, this just seems to be the case in general).
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    It's funny how people start to blame foods like eggs for being hazardous to health, but they don't think twice about shoveling processed junk down their throats on a daily basis (this is isn't directed at you OP, this just seems to be the case in general).
    No kidding!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    Marketing budgets wouldn't be what they are if they didn't work.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I looked it up. There is no connection between egg consumption (or raw egg white consumption) and blindness. The OP's mother did not merely misinterpret something she heard about eggs. She is completely wrong on this. She got it out of thin air.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Tell your mom not to worry. Even most of the conventional wisdom nutritionists now agree that eggs are good for us.

dev
    dev is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Eggs are an excellent source of Vitamin A, pre-formed retinol - the word 'retina' comes from the same word source.

Show this to your mom (from Vitamin A: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia)

Vitamin A helps form and maintain healthy skin, teeth, skeletal and soft tissue, mucus membranes, and skin. It is also known as retinol because it produces the pigments in the retina of the eye.

Vitamin A promotes good vision, especially in low light. It may also be needed for reproduction and breast-feeding.

Retinol is an active form of vitamin A. It is found in animal liver, whole milk, and some fortified foods.

-------

Vitamin A comes from animal sources, such as eggs, meat, fortified milk, cheese, cream, liver, kidney, cod, and halibut fish oil.
    LACK of Vitamin A is a cause of blindness. Mom may have misheard some information &/or turned it around. Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12