Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody here down with the War on Terror? page

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member

Anybody here down with the War on Terror?

Primal Fuel
    and its manifold attached outrages?

"Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    If it's going to be as successful as the war on drugs...

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    And the war on cancer....

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    I love the smell of politics in the morning.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I'm declaring war on morning politics too

JennHeart is offline Junior Member
    That this happens is absolutely an outrage. I've been following this story a bit. What I don't understand, actually, just one of the many things I find contentious - is why Guantanamo is even still open? The detainees there have been cleared of crimes, rubber stamped "ok to go home" by the Justice Department, WTF? Why are we keeping people within some gray area of the law. They've not been charged, their cases have not been adjudicated, but we can't let them go. Terrorists have been successfully tried in US courts, so if someone has legitimate charges, let's put them on trial. A lawsuit was filed to stop the force feedings in a US court (forgive me, I don't recall where) and the judge wrote that her court and no other had jurisdiction over this case. That power was in the hands of the US Congress and the President.

Another thing I find contentious is that medical personnel are being required to carry out these procedures. Navy corpsmen. My husband is a sailor and we go to naval medical centers. It chills me to think there's some poor HM2 out there in Guantanamo, torturing someone like this and that HM2 is no different that the one that is giving my kids vaccines at their checkups. I'm sorry, I would probably go to captain's mast before I did this to another human being, dishonorable discharge be damned. Forty five days restriction? Yes please. Loss of rank and pay? Sure, I'll take it. Of course, there would be some other sailor to take my place, but I would have done what I could.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    There have been a lot of Wars on Things lately, and all that seems to happen is an increase in those Things. However, if I declare a War on Wars on Things, then by previous history, Wars on Things will continue to get worse. I think what we need is a War on Wars on Wars on Things, which will increase the Wars on Wars on Things, hopefully effectively reducing the Wars on Things.

(I wish I could take credit for this, but it wasn't me and I don't remember where I heard it.)

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    War on terror, AKA, War against our freedoms.

War on drugs, war on poverty, yada, yada, yada. If the government declares a war against it, you can bet that a) it will be expensive b) it will fail and c) you will lose rights and freedoms during the pursuing of said war.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    War on terror, AKA, War against our freedoms.

War on drugs, war on poverty, yada, yada, yada. If the government declares a war against it, you can bet that a) it will be expensive b) it will fail and c) you will lose rights and freedoms during the pursuing of said war.
    I'm not even a libertarian and I agree with everything you just said there.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This war on terror is part of my employment plan. I am a cog in the great (by meaning vast) American war machine.

M.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast