Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low fat primal...? And corn tortillas? page 2

statikcat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Fish can be great to boost protein and lower fat. Sure, some fish like salmon is a bit fatty but if you eat more fish and mix between leaner fish like Ahi and Mahi you will end up with higher protein and less fat. Then you can balance your carbs with your side.. veg for lower carb..potatoes for higher, etc.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statikcat View Post
    Fish can be great to boost protein and lower fat. Sure, some fish like salmon is a bit fatty but if you eat more fish and mix between leaner fish like Ahi and Mahi you will end up with higher protein and less fat. Then you can balance your carbs with your side.. veg for lower carb..potatoes for higher, etc.
    What's wrong with fat?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    What's wrong with fat?

Nothing per se. But OP wants to lower her fat in favor of carbs/protein. She said she doesn't do well with low carb, but she's trying to establish a deficit. Gotta cut it from somewhere, choose your flavor I guess.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Nothing per se. But OP wants to lower her fat in favor of carbs/protein. She said she doesn't do well with low carb, but she's trying to establish a deficit. Gotta cut it from somewhere, choose your flavor I guess.
    Gack..you are so correct. I lost sight of OP. Sorry.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    who told you 60g? that's a bit low, 100g is a better amount and 150g isn't 'high' so unless you've got kidney problems you can go with an increase. try 100g first.
    you don't necessarily need to be high fat just don't avoid it and go low fat. my diets always been moderate in fat.
    corn could be your 20% but it might slow you down.
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 07-13-2013 at 01:30 AM.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12