Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday fun. Why did you choose your user name?

Hybrid View

Friday fun. Why did you choose your user name?

I've seen some excellent and interesting user names on this forum
    Just wondering if you would like to share the reasons why you chose yours? I'll start.

Its a football (soccer) thing.

My local football team Sunderland afc, play at our home ground::

Stadium
    Of
    Light. SOL for short.

Our club nickname is:: The black cats.

Sol blackcat.

Anyone else care to share?
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

I was loafingcat way back when, but I had an argument with an ISP and lost the name, so I put it into a name generator and got loafingcactus. I've been loafingcactus online for over 15 year. Over the years I've made internet friends that later became IRL friends, so I have people that call me loafingcactus in real life now. I have registered it as an alternative name, so now loafingcactus gets junk mail too.

I use it for all my non-professional internet activities so that my real name stays Google-pretty with more business-related stuff.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

My mastiff(in my avatar) has a 2' long dinosaur he carrys everywhere, hes known as " dinohunter" because of it. So i thought it was a fitting name
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

I bet you could never guess where mine came from

Haha - that's funny: I started the exact same thread a few months ago. Lots of people answered: How did you choose your username?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I am and always have been a warm hearted bear of a man and up until I lost all this weight I was always too hot. Now I am cold a lot but I am still a warm bear. I have the tattoo to prove it too. Also I live in Montreal with a huge population of gay men with a love of bears. I get hit on a lot, If I was gay I would never be lonely.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

I'm naiadknight pretty much across the anonymous part of the web. I've been called "mermaid" and "water dryad" by severak friends, so took their meanings and use "naiad." I've been accused of being overly vigilant for those who need defending, so I ran with "knight." It's stuck a lot longer than "mermaidwings", that's for sure.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

I thought my real (and nick-) name didn't fit me so I had a few variations on this that I use donline. Now it's just my go-to username. My blog is called "Nameless Wonders", giving it multiple meanings, since I am often referred to as "nameless" by other users.
    Depression Lies

Lots of fellow "cats" around here, I'm just noticing =P

"Cyborcat" is a name I use all over the internet because it's usually the only name I can think of that isn't taken. It's the name of a superhero-ish comic book idea I've been cooking up for awhile involving cat people (that's one of the characters in my avatar).

Here's a link to some art if anyone is interested: Cyborcats by Razia on deviantART
    Last edited by Cyborcat; 07-12-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

I'm boring. Mike. Its my name. And I was rather surprise that it was still available when I registered last January.