Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday fun. Why did you choose your user name? page 6

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Well, it's obvious where the name came from, though points to anyone who recognised a Triumph Herald boot/tailgate. Awok is my 1971 Herald 13/60 estate (42 this year!) currently off the road with a fuel feed problem (suspected fuel pump diaphragm) and likely to remain so for the foreseeable. I can't give it the time it needs for regular fettling even if I had it up here and trying to fix/repair it on one half hour visit a week - just not happening. So Awok will go into hibernation in the vehicular cave for a year or two, until I have the time and energy to sort him out properly.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Had it since I was a novice fishkeeper interested in the big bucks of Koi surgery. The anesthesia, prosthetic eyes, fins and scales, it was all so amazing, until I realized I'd have to learn Japanese...and move to Japan...to make enough money to live on.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Before starting primal, my absolute favorite moment of every day was when I got to put on my jammies.

I still love my jammies, but I look forward to other things now too
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    a name descriptive of how I felt when I started this VLC regime and realised that carbs aren't as visible as they seem
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Penady is offline Senior Member
    First 3 letters of my first name+last 3 letters of my fiancÚ's name

Roary is offline Senior Member
    Random name generator.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    I had lymphona as a teenager and was told three times that I would likely be dead within 6 months. Remitted now for 11 years, became a doctor to do something with the gift I was given....I am not religious, but I got a pendant necklace of Lazarus rising from the dead after my last marrow injection. It has stuck ever since. Most of my friends never use my real name, it's just "Laz".

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    I had lymphona as a teenager and was told three times that I would likely be dead within 6 months. Remitted now for 11 years, became a doctor to do something with the gift I was given....I am not religious, but I got a pendant necklace of Lazarus rising from the dead after my last marrow injection. It has stuck ever since. Most of my friends never use my real name, it's just "Laz".
    Very cool. Not the illness, what you made of it.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Had it since I was a novice fishkeeper interested in the big bucks of Koi surgery. The anesthesia, prosthetic eyes, fins and scales, it was all so amazing, until I realized I'd have to learn Japanese...and move to Japan...to make enough money to live on.
    Wow! Never knew there was such a thing!!!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I was born a red head, but as time marched on, I have to work at keeping my red head status, thus "Rusty" was born. It's my real life nickname too. I was surprised to find it available all over the Web, so I use it everywhere.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast