Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dairy page 2

Goosefeather is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    thanks folks.

I have found i am being terribly anal when it comes to looking at ingredients now. I generally go for a good natural cheese, unpasteurised if i can, or french cheese as these are generally "pure" anyway.
    6'6" male

SW: 286lbs/130kg/20st 8lbs
    CW: 281 lbs/127.7kg/20st 1lb
    TW:216lbs/98kg/15st 6lbs

"...he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin'."

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Don't forget kefir!

M.

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Dairy is tricky to discuss because the fat, protein, and sugar fractions all seem to behave like different foods.

The fat seems pretty benign and low in omega-6. Butter is lovely. Cheese can have interesting micronutrients like K2--the more raw/pastured/aged the better. Cream is okay if you don't drink it by the gallon.

Protein (Greek yogurt, skyr, ymer, cottage cheese, qvark, paneer) is convenient for light meals. I don't use powders or isolates.

Sugar (lactose) seems to be the least useful part. Tall glasses of pasteurized milk are probably best avoided.
    34//6'3"/180

Lots of: urban hiking, cycling, sprinting
    Lots of: fresh meat, seafood, eggs, organs, tubers, starch fruits, vegetables, meat fat, dairy fat, oil fruits
    Some: cured meat, dairy protein, sweet fruits, rice, pulses, tree nuts, oil seeds
    Minimal: soy, refined proteins, sugar, liquid carbohydrate, grains, refined oils, peanuts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12