Thread: Healthy frozen dinners? page

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member

Healthy frozen dinners?

Shop Now
    I know this is an odd question as "healthy frozen dinner" could be an oxymoron, but I'm trying to get my Dad to eat healthier. Going full primal really isn't in the cards right now, so I'm trying to suggest small changes to ease him into it.

Currently he eats a lot of frozen dinners, and I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for at least the "healthiest" options as frozen dinners go. I'm sure there's some brand that is probably better than the others - even if it does contain some type of grain or dessert. Like I said, I need to take small steps with my suggestions.

Thanks

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I would guess that the options that have the least sugar and salt and most closely approximate something Primal are also sickeningly low-fat.

bootson is offline Senior Member
    Make up food ahead and freeze it?

I can't imagine that any typical frozen dinner would be worth the plastic it's sold in.

Mike Alzen is offline Senior Member
    Paleobrands.com has paleo frozen dinners, but they're *expensive*.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Alzen View Post
    Paleobrands.com has paleo frozen dinners, but they're *expensive*.
    Wow, that's a good link. They are a bit pricey but it may be worth it. Have you ever tried them? Any good?

And thanks bootson, I just wish that were an option. He's never really cooked, and I don't live anywhere near him. I imagine that even if I did show him some meals to make he'd go back for the frozen stuff.

Mike Alzen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barryman9000 View Post
    Wow, that's a good link. They are a bit pricey but it may be worth it. Have you ever tried them? Any good?

And thanks bootson, I just wish that were an option. He's never really cooked, and I don't live anywhere near him. I imagine that even if I did show him some meals to make he'd go back for the frozen stuff.
    I haven't tried them myself, but I'm a big fan of robb wolf and he says they're good so I'd say they're worth a shot. I believe he owns the company so he's a bit biased, but hopefully that also means he made sure it's a solid product.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Alzen View Post
    I haven't tried them myself, but I'm a big fan of robb wolf and he says they're good so I'd say they're worth a shot. I believe he owns the company so he's a bit biased, but hopefully that also means he made sure it's a solid product.
    OK, good enough for me. Thanks!