Thread: Intro and Question page

Ziggy is offline Junior Member

Intro and Question

Primal Fuel
    Hello...
    Glad to be joining the primal community! My boss was telling me about this book he was reading and as he was describing it I said " I think I know the guy that wrote that". Mark trained me to do an Ironman triathlon in the early 90's. He had a powerful affect on my life back then and it is great to see that he found a medium to help so many people.

Anyway I read the book and it felt like connecting with an old friend. I am diligently pursuing the primal lifestyle. I have been mostly gluten free for the past 5 years which has made the eating transition pretty easy. A few visits to the local farmers market and I am in business. My issue is that I seem to be hungry all the time. I eat a big omelette for breakfast a big salad with chicken or fish for lunch and some meat and veggies for dinner. I have been snacking on fruit and nuts to keep me going but it seems like I am consuming plenty of food and have constant hunger pangs. Has anyone experienced anything similar or have some idea what might be going on?

Thanks

strawman74 is offline Junior Member
    Maybe as suggested in "Primal Blueprint" you should actually track a few days worth of food and be sure that your eating enough for your active lifestyle. Also revisit how many calories you need on average and be sure that you are getting them.

Sent from my DROID4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Paleotrack.com is easy. There are many others. Up your fats to ease hunger.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Okay...here is breakfast...that has to be enough fat...right?

Quantity Edit Food
    3 large Egg, whole, cooked, omelet 1.2
    2 oz Onions, yellow, sauteed 4.5
    0.25 lbs Beef, tenderloin, steak, separable lean and fat, trimmed to 0" fat, all grades, cooked, broiled 0
    2 tbsp Butter, salted 0
    0.33 cup, pureed Avocados, raw, California 6.6
    Energy: 934 calories

Source Calories Quantity
    Protein 23% 53g
    Fat 72% 75g
    Carbs 5% 12g
    Ratios
    9.6:1 omega-6/3 ratio ?
    1.9:1 Potassium/Sodium ratio ?

mike is offline Senior Member
    Man, lookit that breakfast! I guess you aren't worried about restricting calories. Are you training for a marathon? What did you eat pre-primal that kept you full all day?

I cut out snacks all together because otherwise I feel like I want to munch all day long like a dang herbivore. Sometimes I'm pretty hungry by lunchtime, which here in Spain is usually around 2:30 -3:00 PM but its not a big deal. The other day I had an omelet with steamed broccoli and onions and that kept going right up to lunch and in fact I even had a light lunch that day. I think the plant fiber slowed down my digestion.

Lol...I have been eating that every morning and losing weight. I used to eat a big bowl of granola and then have a snack around 10. I am worried about all the eggs and what it might do to my lipid profile. I am pretty active but definitely not doing any marathon training. The knees and ankles won't take that abuse anymore.

mike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Lol...I have been eating that every morning and losing weight. I used to eat a big bowl of granola and then have a snack around 10. I am worried about all the eggs and what it might do to my lipid profile. I am pretty active but definitely not doing any marathon training. The knees and ankles won't take that abuse anymore.
    F*** the lipid profile and just eat your eggs. I bet your trigs will go down.