Thread: Question about using the Links feature page

Antiochia is offline Senior Member

Question about using the Links feature

Primal Fuel
    How do I replace the wording in a Link with a simple word or two and not destroy the link?

For example, here is a link to Google:https://www.google.com/ If I wanted to replace it with simply the word "Google" how would I do that?

Or if it were a product I used, such as Chobani Greek Yogurt (Chobani Yogurt -Low-Fat Plain - Chobani Yogurt ), and I wanted to say that you can find it online here and let the word "here" be the link instead of the actual link address (or the words chosen by the destination address) being the link, how would I do that?
    Ruth

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    ~Bill Cosby

See my journal, The Balancing Act: Integrating Primal into My Life, for menu plans, musings, and more.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    The forum interface does some of that automatically (by using the title of the webpage), but to change it to something like "here", you can write out the text you want, then select/highlight it, and use the Globe button in the edit bar of the text box to enter the actual link.

The code will look like this, but without the spaces in the brackets.

[ URL="http://www.google.com"]here[ /URL]
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Antiochia is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the suggestions NW -- I'll play around with it on my old journal thread and see if I can make it work. Nice to hear from you again -- I met you on my Lenten food thread. I hope all is going well for you!
    Ruth

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    ~Bill Cosby

See my journal, The Balancing Act: Integrating Primal into My Life, for menu plans, musings, and more.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    here

Great directions. It works. Thanks.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase