Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Pittsburgh w/ (Before & After Pics) page

Gregory Grok is offline Member

Smile Hello from Pittsburgh w/ (Before & After Pics)

Primal Fuel
    I'm done lurking. I think it's time to introduce myself. My name is Adam. I've been Paleo/Primal for close to 18 months. It has done wonders for my health and confidence and I believe that is the one and only lifestyle for me. (Pics Below)

At my largest, I was 226. By adopting a Primal lifestyle, I lost 50 lbs. between Jan 09' and Jan 10'. I love the simplicity of the blueprint, the way I look and feel, and the fact that I know that what I am doing is the right thing for my mind and body. I truly believe that I will reap the rewards for years to come. Thanks you Mark Sisson for all your hard work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gregory Grok; 05-26-2010 at 12:10 PM.

maba is offline Senior Member
    Yay! Another Pittsburgher on board. Welcome Gregory Grok. Congratulations on your improved health and weight loss (can't see ur pics yet as they're pending approval). Including me there are 3 groks from Pittsburgh on MDA - Aaron Fraser and Primal Jewish American Princess (but I haven't seen her here in a while)

onesekzimama is offline Junior Member
    I am from Pittsburgh, too. But I don't post too often. Lurker? Yes. But it's hard to jump into a community, I'd say.

I've been primal since November of 2009, though.

KimT is offline Senior Member
    I'm just south west of Pittsburgh too. I've been following here for a while, but never registered. I've been grain free since February 2010 and on a very strict elimination diet since April to try and resolve some health issues. Good to see others from the area.

maba: Hi maba. Thanks for pointing out the other Primal Pittsburgher's

onesekzimama: I have been lurking for quite sometime. I decided that it was time to come out and introduce myself. I'm glad to hear that you've been lurking like me too!

KimT: I hope that you are able to resolve your health issues. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Mahewa is offline Banned

Well done!

Well done Adam! Looks that you have the confidence now to take off your shirt.
    I am not from Pittsburgh but I might visit it one day.

Thanks Adam. The change is amazing! Way to go! Keep up the good work.

I've been making steady progress. I had lost 25 pounds and kept it off for 2 years doing the Warrior Diet, but then plateaued and that was it. A doc friend I met in California suggested grain free initially for fibromyalgia and since then I've lost an additional 23 pounds and am feeling much better. I've been eating only meat and limited kinds of veggies for 6 weeks. Looking forward to hopefully introducing some eggs in a couple more weeks.

Do you have any good sources for meat or veggies in the area?

@Mahewa- I like the background in your picture, looks much nicer than Pittsburgh!

@Mahewa: Thanks! I definitely did not feel like this 1 year ago. I can definitely say that I feel much more confident taking off my shirt.

@KimT: Thank you as well. I've heard good things about the Warrior Diet, but I definitely think that you and I have stumbled onto something great with the Primal Blueprint.

As far as sources for good meats and veggies go, check out these places in PGH:

-- Whole Foods / 5880 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh

-- Trader Joes / 6343 Penn Avenue

-- East End Co-op / 7516 Meade Street, Pittsburgh, PA

I've also purchased select veggies & nuts at Aldi. You may want to check them out as well.

Mahewa is offline Banned
    I am glad you like it. It is Samoa in the South Pacific. My home..

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Adam, yeah, I think this way is working way better for me and it seems to make a lot of sense. Whole Foods and Trader Joes are a bit of a hike since I'm about 20 miles south of the city and you know the traffic! No easy way to get anywhere, but guess I could make the trip. I do make it to Aldi once in a while and I've recently found a local farmer for produce, just have to find some meat.

Wow Mahewa, that is awesome! The only places I've traveled is California and I went to Thailand, but it was nothing like that picture. Coming from Pittsburgh where we have a lot of gray days, I can't imagine living in a place like that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast