Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bread and children question page

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member

Bread and children question

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My daughter didn't eat her bfast this morning, which was cereal (not my choice!) and then my mum asked if she wanted toast and my 5 year said 'No thank you, coz its not healthy and she doesn't want to get fat.' Ok so I don't want my daughter worrying about her weight. I'm not overweight at all and neither is she, but was wondering how I could phrase things better. I am feeling proud that she said no though.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    My 3.5 year old refuses bread at his kindergarten because "it hurts in the belly" and he realized that his poop gets nasty ...

Rinjani is offline Junior Member
    Bake some healthy breads for her. Check out those, for example:

LE

All of them are wonderful quality sourdough breads. Each one takes over 20 hours to make (+ the sourdough alone has to be quite old).

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    It doesn't sound like she's worried about her weight, it sounds like she's got the right info on bread. If she starts exhibiting more worry about weight, then I'd keep an eye on her, but for now, it seems like she's following her mom's good lead.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    You might want to have a talk with her about health vs. weight. If you're not projecting your weight issue onto her then she might be getting the idea somewhere else, and it needs to be discussed. A little seed like this could grow into bigger issues in the future...I sound so paranoid, don't I, lol.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

I think I gave her the idea that bread long term would make her fat. She doesn't find it to hurt her tummy like it does to me so I don't think she'd understand if we said something else.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    you might want to reconsider how you phrase your explanations then. "it's not good for you" is way different than "it will make you fat."
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Ok yeah, that's definitely a better idea.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenLouise View Post
    I think I gave her the idea that bread long term would make her fat. She doesn't find it to hurt her tummy like it does to me so I don't think she'd understand if we said something else.
    Kids know what junk food is.

Thats what I tell my boys bread is.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Especially when you've isolated that "badness" to bread.

I think she's old enough to understand how wheat is grown and processed into different products, and the sorts of products it becomes.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 07-11-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast