Hello my forum friends!

Going to be on the road most of the day...so will not really have a chance to chat, but thought that you might want another tasty lunch alternative. As Mark calls it smart fuel Acorn squash is a fantastic alternative, especially when you add...BACON :-)

So please enjoy.

Acorn Squash Cream Soup with Bacon
Mmmmm…Yumm – Enjoy! Jo and Henry
Ingredients
2 medium Acorn Squash halved & seeded
1 teaspoon Sea salt to taste
1 teaspoon Crushed Chili Flakes to taste
2 cups Water
1/2 cup Raw Cream
1 1/2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
4 strips Bacon

Instructions
Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
Cut acorn squash in halves long side and removed all seeds with a big spoon. Place the squash upside down onto cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Then add ¼ tbsp to one half and salt lightly. Put squash back together so it looks whole and bake for another 15 – 20 minutes. You will know if it’s finished by taking a look at the squash, if it’s very shiny and moist looking on the outside and if a fork can penetrate the skin, then you’re good to go.
Take it out of the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes. Otherwise it’s too hot to peel and you’ll burn yourself.
Once cooled, scoop out all the flesh and place it in a soup pot. Tip: I usually put on some dishwashing gloves and scoop everything out with my hands – it is so much easier and faster. Mash the squash up with your hands or a big spoon and add all other ingredients with the exception of the bacon. Once all ingredients are coarsely mashed, puree them with a handheld blender until very smooth.