Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Elwyne page

elwyne is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal - Elwyne

Primal Fuel
    Ok now I've been hanging around about 2 weeks maybe I should start a journal.

Yesterday I made a batch of crustless mini-quiches to eat for breakfasts. Very tasty, loaded w/ protein & veg, cooked in butter yet 1 hr later I was hungry. I guess the little things are barely 100 cal each, I should probably eat 2?
    anyway I followed it with conventional yogurt (no good) and some walnuts, but here it is almost an hour till lunch and I'm still hungry!!
    Before going primal I was eating a ww engl muffin w/ pb and honey which would keep me pretty full. trying to get away from the muffin I was eating cottage cheese w/ raisins in the am, also doing a decent job. But I wanted to get away from super sweet raisins. Hardboiled eggs or a chicken leg in the am didn't cut it. What am I missing? Even on the weekend after a lovely omelette & bacon I am hungry too soon.

Tried to work out a bit this am. Have never managed to do that w/out breakfast first due to low blood sugar; was hoping eating more primally would resolve that, but not so much today. managed 1 1/2 regular pushup, a bit of grok crawl around the house, left me wiped out. jeez.

Have been having really intense paddling practices lately, and not sleeping well. I'm sure those don't help.

Ok after a nice primal lunch I feel better.
    Juicy chicken thigh, nice crunchy salad w/ oil & vinegar, very satisfying.

Is it normal to have stomach trouble for a few days after suddenly increasing fat intake?

I'm digging up my journal again in an effort to keep myself on track this challenge. My goals are to lose belly fat, gain upper body strength, and win some stuff.

I'm finally committing to clean meat. I've been buying multipacks at Fred Meyer, which are inexpensive and tasty but left me with mood problems; hormone related? toxin related? don't know. So tonight I'm going to the local store for the local stuff. I do wonder if the prepared meats at Whole Foods are clean... I don't have much time to cook this week, and I don't know if lunches out will meet the new standard.

We have bananas in the house which my SIL left behind... I don't normally eat them but today I did. Hopefully hubby will eat the rest. I also had a little potato today in the leftover soup. There are cupcakes on the table; I'm not willing to throw them away, but I can put them in the freezer. A little rice at lunch. So far, not a spectacular day. I bought prepared chicken for dinner & a kale/cado salad, which I hope are decently clean but it occurs to me there may be vegetable oils involved. Not a great start. Tonight I'll be cooking so I hope that will help: cinnamon chicken, hard boiled eggs, broiled eggplant, green beans... I also still have some spinach & chard which I may just eat as salad this week. And the garden tomatoes are finally ripening. I hope I'm not one of those who's sensitive to nightshades.

Yesterday was MOSTLY a fail. Potato, rice, cupcake, not enough sleep. Today we try again.

I just realized it's 9am and I haven't eaten breakfast. AND I'm not hugely hungry. I have with me 2 hardboiled eggs, 2 chicken thighs, a tomato, a red bell pepper, a whole bunch of romano green beans, and most of a pear. And a bar of mint-infused dark chocolate. That should last me through the workday, probably with leftovers. Dinner tonight, if hubby remains willing to skip our weekly happy hour habit, will be t-bones, marinated eggplant, and mixed greens (spinach & chard). I haven't decided yet how to fix the greens.

Re: the challenge. I would love to win a cow but I don't know if I can pull off a proper grokfest. I'm just not that enrolling. However we do have a party planned for the 19th. If hubby gets into the game maybe we'll make some changes to the plan... The party is a brunch; there are many awesome primal breakfast options. What sort of activity would we do then? I just don't know. It depends so much on who's there and what the weather's like.

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    haha-! yes exactly - the weather in scotland is poo!

although I could have an indoors one...I have a month right?

sarah
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

I can take pretty much any kind of weather, but I'm alone among my friends that way. I will happily go out & play in the rain; no one else I know will go out in the rain if they can help it, unless there's a really good reason. Like, I don't know, beer.

I just ended a brief fast. From chicken last night to egg this morning was 12 hours. However, in between there were 2 squares of dark chocolate and a splash of whole milk in my tea. Not really a perfect fast, but pretty good for me.

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elwyne View Post
    Is it normal to have stomach trouble for a few days after suddenly increasing fat intake?
    Some people do---I did. Still do if I overdo it. It just takes some getting used to.
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Quote Originally Posted by Just4ME View Post
    Some people do---I did. Still do if I overdo it. It just takes some getting used to.
    Thanks! Yes, the trouble cleared up after a week or so. Now I only get the nasty rumblings when I eat bread!

Well today I hit the top end of the goal weight range I set for myself 3.5yrs ago when I set out to lose weight the CW way. I had been stuck for about 2.5 of those years, after initially losing about 25 lbs, and only started losing again after going Primal. However I still have belly fat. I wouldn't mind trading about 5lbs of belly fat for 5lbs of muscle in my upper body! I still haven't mastered the "lift heavy things" portion of the PB, so I have some work to do.

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    A work in progress...
    I'm with you on trading the belly fat for muscle!!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast