Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coca-Cola page

Lewis is offline Senior Member

Coca-Cola

Primal Fuel
    It seems Mexicans are now fatter than U.S. citizens:

According to new statistics Mexico is now the most obese nation on the planet. ...
    Could this have something to do with it?

Mexicans drink more Coca Cola than any other nationality, 225 litres (60 gallons) per person per year ... Coca Cola ... can be found even where there is no drinking water”
    Coca Cola-Drinking Mexico Now Most Obese Nation on Earth | DietDoctor.com

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Doesn't their Coke have cane sugar as opposed to HFCS in the American version?

So they are averaging a littler over 21 oz per day per person. Damn, I used to drink at least double that.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    It probably doesn't help things, but of course there are other factors involved.

F.Fellini is offline Member
    My guess is that it's general malnutrition and over-consumption from high-calorie, nutrient poor diets. Especially considering that beans, rice, and corn are staples, PUFA intake could be pretty high, quality-protein intake probably isn't as high as it should be, and there are serious vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Not to mention exposure to toxins, stress, and much more. Kinda like how most obesity occurs...

coclacola is offline Junior Member

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    Doesn't their Coke have cane sugar as opposed to HFCS in the American version?
    Yes. They also however eat tons and tons of corn. Go to a Mexican grocery, it's tons and tons of sugary drinks and tons and tons of corn based products.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Actually, "Mexican" coca-cola no longer has cane sugar in it. Rather, it doesn't in Mexico proper. The U.S. will still be able to get cane sugar "Mexican" coca-cola though.

We have (had?) a Mexican grocer across from my house. The food stock was 99% junk...and I don't think I'm exaggerating either. Probably the only thing that wasn't packaged, sugared junk or some other kind of crap was the tiny tiny produce bin (usually empty or nearly so) that only ever housed tomatillos, jalapenos, plaintain and briefly cactus. I think they're headed out of the grocery business, though, since it was a grocer/taquería for a while, and their grocer stock was ever shrinking.

M.

KPaul is offline Member
    As F.Fellini stated, it's more than likely a combination of multiple poor nutritional options and choices, as well as a movement toward more of the creature comforts we have in the US. It seems that the more any country adopts US norms, the farther they get from ideal. Don't get me wrong, I love my country, we've just made a lot of poor choices over the last few generations and others are following our lead.

Elliot is offline Senior Member
    Coca Cola and Milk
    I think the acidity of the coke is curdling the milk

alicepattinson is offline Junior Member
    Why would even milk be paired with a coke? hihihi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast