Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: do you cut the fat off of meat? page

Davidil is offline Senior Member

do you cut the fat off of meat?

Shop Now
    I mean do you try to keep it as lean as possible or not to think about it?

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    I do cut the fat off my meat but only because I like the taste of the fat separate. Or at least I do with things like steaks. But not eat the fat off the meat at all? Blasphemy!
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Excess, yes. I just don't like chewing it and it can be unnecessary calories.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    It depends. I'm not a big fan of beef fat or chicken skin, but that doesn't mean that I won't put butter on both of those things. So, cut off the fat? Sometimes. Add fat to lean meats? Sometimes. Depending on your size and metabolism, the thing is to not be afraid of fat. Fat feeds your brain and keeps you nourished. For some, it aids in satiation and keeps them from over eating.

I always have to search for the link, but somewhere Mark has a sample of his eating for a day. He gets about 50% of his calories from fat. Some like more, some less. It's all about what works for you and your goals.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Nope, i get grass fed beef etc so as far as im concerned, its all good... Hubby cuts the fat of his steaks though.. So i usally eat that to
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Nope, i get grass fed beef etc so as far as im concerned, its all good... Hubby cuts the fat of his steaks though.. So i usally eat that to
    Same here- I get all the fats! My boyfriend even tries to cut out the fat blocks on his bacon, LOLOLOLOLOL.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    My boyfriend even tries to cut out the fat blocks on his bacon, LOLOLOLOLOL.
    No woman deserves a man who abuses bacon like that. You could do better for yourself.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely not. Belly pork, middle cut and streaky bacon, pork chops, beef fat, nice bit of fatty lamb, chicken skin, it's all the tastiest bits. There's a point in the cooking where the fat is firm enough that your teeth slice through it (bit like perfectly cooked cephalopod) and the texture is closer to melt-in-the-mouth than chewy.

I also scan the labels on the minced meat to pick the fattiest version. If this is the cheapo, value version and it may also have added offal to bulk it, I figure that's all well and good for extra vitamins etc.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I only buy the fattist meat I can find and eat every bite - except the skin which is somtimes too tough to chew.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    I don't either and I dump the fatty meat and bones in a big pot with veggies, etc. I cook the stew and re-cook it. Reminds me of my last birthday present: I asked for 5 days alone, without wife and kids. Me alone at home with my music instruments without anyone to be bothered by my guitar amp cranked up on high, etc. My mother-in-law made a huge stew that I would survive on for these 5 days. Lots of fatty beef and lama meat still on their bones with a few veggies. I ate it all and it took my 5 days exactly. That's the only thing I ate and I was pumped up, full of energy! Amazing stuff ...
    Last edited by dkJames; 07-10-2013 at 05:04 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast