Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Burning hands page

  1. #1
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,547

    Burning hands

    Primal Fuel
    For the last 3 to 4 months, my hands frequently feel like they're on fire. It's not that the skin temperature is higher than normal: just they feel like they're burning. The skin has dried up on them a lot too.

    Anyone ever had this?
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-10-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  2. #2
    j3nn's Avatar
    j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,375
    That's so weird because two days ago I started having a burning sensation all over my body. It feels like sunburn but I haven't been in the sun at all! I've had this before a few years ago and it went away. It hurts to touch the places that burn the most. Google had several reasons, but it's impossible to pin it to something. I tested my blood glucose a few times to see if there was any correlation, but it was in the 80s. I know it's neurological and likely the symptom or side effect of something else. One more thing to add to our list, right??
    Last edited by j3nn; 07-10-2013 at 12:52 AM.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

    “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

  3. #3
    LBee's Avatar
    LBee is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    17
    Are they red when this happens? If so, look at dishydrotic eczema. It makes my hands burn like crazy, and is worse during allergy season. I also have similar issues with niacin, it makes my hands burn like there is a match held to them.

  4. #4
    Mr.Perfidy's Avatar
    Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    1,524
    Is it like a nerve thing? I took a shot to my elbow in a dojo once and it made my hand cramp and stay in a weird claw position, while it felt as though my blood was just heating up. It wasn't hot to the touch on the surface, but that's the best way I can describe the feeling, like my blood was boiling inside my arm. My hand still cramps into a twisted claw if I even brush that elbow against something the wrong way anymore.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

    Jack london, "Before Adam"

  5. #5
    SophieScreams's Avatar
    SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, OK USA
    Posts
    337
    Could be a nerve thing... or something fungal. What you're describing sounds a little like athlete's foot. Have you been digging around in a garden lately?
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

  6. #6
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,547
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    That's so weird because two days ago I started having a burning sensation all over my body. It feels like sunburn but I haven't been in the sun at all! I've had this before a few years ago and it went away. It hurts to touch the places that burn the most. Google had several reasons, but it's impossible to pin it to something. I tested my blood glucose a few times to see if there was any correlation, but it was in the 80s. I know it's neurological and likely the symptom or side effect of something else. One more thing to add to our list, right??
    Oh God... seriously?! Actually, since you have it too, maybe it's a hormonal thing? A quick google said that it could be. I really don't want it to be neurological...

    Quote Originally Posted by LBee View Post
    Are they red when this happens? If so, look at dishydrotic eczema. It makes my hands burn like crazy, and is worse during allergy season. I also have similar issues with niacin, it makes my hands burn like there is a match held to them.
    No, they stay the same colour, but the skin on them has aged quite a lot in the last few months...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    Is it like a nerve thing? I took a shot to my elbow in a dojo once and it made my hand cramp and stay in a weird claw position, while it felt as though my blood was just heating up. It wasn't hot to the touch on the surface, but that's the best way I can describe the feeling, like my blood was boiling inside my arm. My hand still cramps into a twisted claw if I even brush that elbow against something the wrong way anymore.
    Ugh, sounds unpleasant! The hand is claw-free as yet, but maybe I have something else to look forward to

    Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    Could be a nerve thing... or something fungal. What you're describing sounds a little like athlete's foot. Have you been digging around in a garden lately?
    Wouldn't athlete's... umm, hand, include some kind of fungus...?! And nope, haven't been in a garden.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  7. #7
    quelsen's Avatar
    quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lexington Kentucky
    Posts
    2,972
    reiki power activate
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

    Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

    CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


    Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

  8. #8
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,547
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    reiki power activate
    Ha, I wasn't expecting anyone to suggest that Actually, I've done all that training, but I don't use it anymore...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  9. #9
    SophieScreams's Avatar
    SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, OK USA
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Wouldn't athlete's... umm, hand, include some kind of fungus...?!
    Not necessarily. The peeling skin is suspect.
    How's your grip? Nerve injuries can make your hands feel hot, and so can carpal tunnel syndrome. Both can affect grip. Someone I know had hot, peeling hands until she was diagnosed with CT and had the surgeries.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

  10. #10
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,547
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    Not necessarily. The peeling skin is suspect.
    How's your grip? Nerve injuries can make your hands feel hot, and so can carpal tunnel syndrome. Both can affect grip. Someone I know had hot, peeling hands until she was diagnosed with CT and had the surgeries.
    Oh, they're not peeling: they're just dried out... like raisins My grip is fine, too...

    Thanks for the suggestions though!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •