Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 day shred for NPC bikini contest???? page 2

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    On Lyle McDonald's protein sparing fast, he recommends spending all your carb calories on fiber supplements rather than eating vegetables. Bleh. I couldn't stay on it long enough to lose weight before the binging started.
    Since insoluble fiber can bloat you pretty badly, I could understand that. Unfortunately, soluble fiber is typically found in starches, so there goes the carb count (which is essentially 0g...along with 0g fat ). Perhaps the best option is something like cucumber with the skins peeled. Mmm, chicken breast, egg whites and cucumber whites.

Fiber isn't essential. You'll do just fine for 10 days. Trust me, you won't be pooping much.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Or you could eat tons of shirataki noodles (konjac root based) cooked in bone broth. These noodles have about 0 nutrition for you ... but is great for your colon bacteria, and your colon, and they will satiate you ...

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Actually I wasn't using the fiber supplements. I could see that was counterproductive. I was eating raw and cooked vegetables as my carbs. It was the low fat content of the diet that resulted in my binging.

mch_calypso is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss.

1% cottage cheese, steamed spinach, egg whites and skinless chicken breast. Yum...

Drink half a gallon of dandelion tea every day for the last 5 days. Ingredients: water, dandelion teabags. Super potent diuretic. Go tanning to get the rest of the water out of your skin. No salt the last 3 days.

What is Lyle McDoald's Rapid Fat Loss? Do you have a link?

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mch_calypso View Post
    What is Lyle McDoald's Rapid Fat Loss? Do you have a link?
    It's a book.

The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook by Lyle McDonald | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Not sure if the following will be of any help for bikini contest, but came across it today so thought I would share. In 3 weeks I leave for vacation and want to be in a bikini, so thought I would try it out.

Following taken from: 2 weeks to Bikini Ready! | Maria Kang

I’m not a fan of fad diets, but if I had to be in a swimsuit in two weeks here is what I would do:

1. 1. Perform more intense cardio. High-Intensity-Interval-Training (HIIT) burns more calories and increases your metabolism hours after your workout because it challenges your heart and muscles. There is no exact formula for performing a HIIT workout. The key is to not be on a monotonous cardio machine for 45 minutes without changes in its intensity. I usually sprint for 1 minute and jog for 30-45 seconds. Sometimes I will perform inclines or take a spin class that has a lot of ‘tabata training’ (similar to HIIT).

2. 2. Cut out the cheat days. Usually I like to splurge at least weekly. However, if I need to look and feel my best in two weeks, I cut out all the heavy dinners and desserts I typically enjoy on a weekend.

3. 3. Limit simple carbohydrates – this includes fruit. I love fruit, but to maximize my fat burning potential I try to limit my banana and apples to just the morning time.

4. 4. Limit carbohydrates after 4pm. 80% of the time I eat carbohydrates like sweet potatoes, brown rice or wheat tortilla for dinner (and still lose weight). However, if I want to get a little leaner, I cut that out – for just a short period of time – so that my body utilizes stored fat (instead of carbs) for energy and fat loss when I decrease my activity level and head to bed.

5. 5. Replace carbohydrates with healthy fats like nuts and avocado. Remember, you don’t want your body to starve, you just want your body to replace what it uses for fuel. By limiting your carbs (which is the main macro used for energy) your body uses your stored fat for energy.

6. 6. Perform cardio on an empty stomach in the mornings. Everyone is different so see if you can tolerate training without eating. I usually have to jump on my treadmill or put on a DVD within 30 minutes of waking before my stomach begins growling. I’ve read many studies on fasted cardio – and for me personally, I found it to work.

7. 7. Keep your reps higher when strength training. Normally I train at a 8-15 rep range. When trying to lean down I stay within a 12-18 rep range, focusing on high intensity, super-setting and drop-setting.

8. 8. Drink lots of water with lemon to help detoxify my body. I don’t typically drink anything outside of water except for tea. I don’t drink much alcohol either – and will try to cut back on my 1-2 glasses of red wine before my 2 week goal, but sometimes I will give in to just 1

9. 9. Eliminate foods that causes bloating and inflammation. Everyone is different but you should know what bloats you. For me it’s consuming a lot of sugar, artificial sugars, lactose, certain fruits, protein shakes, etc.

10. 10. Days leading up to my two week goal I may get a spray tan to enhance my muscles and purchase a swimsuit that supports my physique.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Steak and eggs.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    On Lyle McDonald's protein sparing fast, he recommends spending all your carb calories on fiber supplements rather than eating vegetables. Bleh. I couldn't stay on it long enough to lose weight before the binging started.
    No he doesn't. I have the book, have read it several times and implemented it with great weightloss success (and great rebound).

He recommends eating whole food for your sources of protein and wants you to eat vegetables for their fibre content.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    No he doesn't. I have the book, have read it several times and implemented it with great weightloss success (and great rebound).

He recommends eating whole food for your sources of protein and wants you to eat vegetables for their fibre content.
    I looked it up. That's a different book I was thinking of. You're right. But still I couldn't stick to a fat-free diet like that.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 07-12-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12