...and I won!

Hi everyone,

I'd been suffering from the whole gamut of cognitive impairment collectively known as brain fog along with migraine aura for years. I'd already given up all the usual dietary suspects like booze, caffeine, MSG, gluten, dairy, anything processed and as a result was able to mostly keep the aura under control, but not shift the brain fog.

Recently I decided what the hell and jumped into a complete elimination diet to get to the bottom of it once and for all. For days I ate nothing but buckwheat then switched to brown rice thinking that these 'health foods' would be the best staples, yet I still felt terrible. I reasoned that since I was eating nothing but grains, these must be the culprit so I ditched these too. Within a few days my symptoms lifted, I had tonnes more energy, my head no longer felt like it was stuffed with cotton wool and I could think and see clearly again for the first time in years.

I'm obviously elated at this breakthrough though still want to work out what the heck is going on in case it has other implications so was wondering if any of you have had similar experiences.

I've read about the health risks of lectins and phytic acid, but that can't be the answer alone because I can eat other foods which contain these components without suffering the same reactions. Also I know it's not purely a glucose/carb sensitivity because I can eat sugary foods like dried fruit and honey and carb dense foods like potatoes and parsnips (in moderation) without losing my mind in the same way I did after eating grains.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks.