Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we really supposed to eat animals? Fruit seems a more natural choice page 7

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Along the Equator, fruit is plentiful all year long.
    Was it during the last glacial?

PrimalFish is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Human beings evolved along the Equator, not in North America. Along the Equator, fruit is plentiful all year long. What isn't plentiful is animals rich in fat. It's very logical to think the original human diet was mostly made up of fruits and leaner, smaller game since that is what was available.

If you want something that isn't human, look into green, leafy vegetables. Could you imagine ancient man expending hundreds of calories to come back with a couple heads of lettuce providing virtually no usable energy?
    Thank you! This is exactly what I was asking. It makes sense to me that humans were meant to live along the equator where fruit would be abundant all year long. What moved us away from the equator and put us in a position where we would need to hunt animals for survival? Is that move based in human error? Were we originally living along the equator with ample fruit and hunting down animals as well? If so, can we now evolve from that? I know it is not necessary for me to eat animals to thrive, but I do not know how I would feel on a diet of only fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds (with adequate calories).

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    no but i can imagine ancient man eating members of a neighboring tribe
    ...and caveman rape them.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    can we talk more about the cannibalism? because the more i think about it the more appealing it is

no, i'm kidding. i'm kidding.

OR AM I!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegas76 View Post
    ...and caveman rape them.
    after eating them? that sounds like it would be uncomfortable
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

PrimalFish is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MouthDR View Post
    Who would eat fruit when they can eat meat?

I reckon that the meat eaters would eventually slap the s*** out of the fruit eaters and take over the genome. And here we are
    I think physical strength comes from training and eating enough. You can get enough protein from vegan sources. Look at this guy: Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalFish View Post
    Thank you! This is exactly what I was asking. It makes sense to me that humans were meant to live along the equator where fruit would be abundant all year long. What moved us away from the equator and put us in a position where we would need to hunt animals for survival? Is that move based in human error?
    No error here, I am living at 0-0-2 degree south, pretty close to the equator line and in Ecuador, and even if we have plenty of fruit and vegetables, there are almost no vegetarians here! At least I don't know any vegetarians... Humans thrives as omnivores, with plenty of animal protein in their diet..
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Any vegan tribes would probably have been killed off by large cats or other apex predators because they had no hunting tools or skills to defend themselves.

statikcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegas76 View Post
    Any vegan tribes would probably have been killed off by large cats or other apex predators because they had no hunting tools or skills to defend themselves.
    Well that makes about zero sense. Apparently, if you don't hunt animals you have no idea how to protect yourself from them.

NickBall is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    Primal man would not be thinking about the moral aspects of eating meat.
    Why wouldn't primal man think about the moral aspects of eating meat? Being human primal man would have had the full mental, ethical, and moral capacity as modern man. Surely hunting, killing, and butchering rituals of our modern hunter-gatherer brothers express thought about the moral aspects of eating meat.
    Primal Since September 2010
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb
    Goal Weight = Whatever weight I am when I can do 30 pull ups without taking a break...

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast