Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we really supposed to eat animals? Fruit seems a more natural choice page 16

peril is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I like my koala bears deep fried, buffalo style. How do you eat yours?
    Don't you find that all the eucalyptus oil goes rancid when you deep fry the koalas? Have you tried them carpetbag? Mmmmm

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegr...k_instructions
    Last edited by peril; 07-10-2013 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Added link
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    we can eat carpetbags?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Looking at it through the context of evolution, fruit was probably the only thing on Earth that tasted good. Meat is absolutely delicious...because we can rub it with salt and pepper, sear it in butter and rub it down in some garlic or chili powder or something. Meat with absolutely no seasoning at all is pretty darn boring. It at least needs some salt. Since ancient man didn't have access to any of these things, fruit was probably preferred. At least I'd rather eat mangoes than raw or steamed squirrel.
    Not even true. My lamb and beef require no seasoning, apart from salt which I do because its nutritonally necessary. All other stuff is crap to me, whose toxins outweighs their nutritional benefit. Meat tastes best when made simply. Put a lamb on an osado and cook for 8 hrs, bam.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Looking at it through the context of evolution, fruit was probably the only thing on Earth that tasted good.
    When you're really hungry, all kinds of things taste good. I think we are too spoiled to have any appreciation of what Paleolithic man might have been happy to eat.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Primal koala bear recipe

Ingredients:
    - Large coconut
    - Koala bear

Instructions:
    1. Find a live koala bear.
    2. Hit the koala bear over the head with the large coconut.
    3. Use the chunks of coconut as scoops and eat the koala bear.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalFish View Post
    Thanks for the response. Maybe there are more reasons why there was not ample fruit in PNG just a few decades ago? Thousands of years ago though, before agriculture, if there was any fruit at all and caveman we're eating it, I just don't get why the seeds wouldn't get scattered around and over time make more and more fruit trees? Why is this flawed logic?
    It's not flawed logic, but humans aren't the only animal that wants to eat fruit. Lots of abundant fruit means lots of birds and squirrels and other things that want to eat those fruit too.

Like Leilani says, tubers likely made up a much more significant and reliable part of our diet.

The bit I think you're missing is what I posted earlier. We only grew our large brains after we started eating meat. Eating meat is one of the things which has made us who we are today.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Actually, if you turn on the history channel scientists are saying advanced aliens came here thousands of years ago and created us by crossing their DNA with Neanderthal. Would explain the sudden rise of civilization, pyramids, the missing link, etc. Anyway if we are half alien... who knows what the aliens ate?
    OMG, I didn't realize you were 9 years old! Sorry. I would have been slightly less responsive to your drivel had I understood the level you are operating at.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    present day

beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    I think an all fruit diet is just as much a modern creation of accessibility as a Paleo diet made up entirely of meat, vegetables, and coconut oil. Neither one accurately reenact all Paleolithic human diets. Vegetables as we know them aren't anything like plants tens of thousands of years ago, and they certainly weren't in such abundance 24/7/365. I think both ends of the spectrum need to reconcile with the fact that neither of these are truly prehistoric dietary replications and acknowledge that the truth lies somewhere in between, but also that everything Neolithic isn't horrible and often improves upon the fundamentals.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I think an all fruit diet is just as much a modern creation of accessibility as a Paleo diet made up entirely of meat, vegetables, and coconut oil. Neither one accurately reenact all Paleolithic human diets. Vegetables as we know them aren't anything like plants tens of thousands of years ago, and they certainly weren't in such abundance 24/7/365. I think both ends of the spectrum need to reconcile with the fact that neither of these are truly prehistoric dietary replications and acknowledge that the truth lies somewhere in between, but also that everything Neolithic isn't horrible and often improves upon the fundamentals.
    Besides, life goes on, except for those who died from malnutrition, celiac, and other such conditions.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast