Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we really supposed to eat animals? Fruit seems a more natural choice page 14

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I'm fat because I deny my body critical alien nutrients.
    You need more vitamin ╞.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalFish View Post
    I'm saying that in primitive times man would have been surrounded by fruit....not now. Why wouldn't we have? We would have lived in climates that were conducive for it and fruit would have been the easiest and most delightful thing for us to eat.
    I live in a climate with a year-round growing season. There is fruit in the backcountry. But it is only available for a short time. Nearly every plant out there in the backcountry technically has fruit, but only two or three species that I can think of have fruit that is almost palatable to eat.

The native people who lived here before Western contact ate acorns and seafood mainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Leilani View Post
    I grew up in Papua New Guinea, it's tropical and pretty much on the equator.
    <snip>...
    Again I say, if you want to be fruitatarian then more power to you . But do not think that doing so means you're following in some paleo forefather footsteps, because you're not. Fruitatarian is only possible with modern agricultural practices.
    Really interesting info! I have heard there still are uncontacted people in PNG.

Thanks for the response. Maybe there are more reasons why there was not ample fruit in PNG just a few decades ago? Thousands of years ago though, before agriculture, if there was any fruit at all and caveman we're eating it, I just don't get why the seeds wouldn't get scattered around and over time make more and more fruit trees? Why is this flawed logic?
    Go to any ecosystem that is untrammeled by man and you will not see an environment with large swaths of edible fruit trees with fruit available every day of the year. You will see a tree here that has fruit for this period each year, another that has nuts at some other time of year, another with edible blossoms, maybe a grove that is really productive over there, maybe nothing for miles over there and always with some period of the year when none of it is palatable or edible.

Thing is, we can eat every creature that bleeds no matter what species of plant it specializes in eating. Even koala bears.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    You need more vitamin ╞.
    Uhm, vitamin╞ causes fat gain. Vitamin is what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Thing is, we can eat every creature that bleeds no matter what species of plant it specializes in eating. Even koala bears.
    I like my koala bears deep fried, buffalo style. How do you eat yours?

Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    Uhm, vitamin╞ causes fat gain. Vitamin is what you need.
    Not to mention CoEnzyme ┼

PrimalFish is offline Junior Member
    Well, thanks everyone for the information you've shared. It definitely helped in my understanding of how fruit really grows. I wish you all the best of health!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    You need more vitamin ╞.
    I can't find any on drugstore.com

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

mike is offline Senior Member
    Well, thanks everyone for the information you've shared. It definitely helped in my understanding of how fruit really grows. I wish you all the best of health!
    Wait! Don't go! I think we were just starting to hone in on an answer to your question. This whole alien angle was something that I hadn't considered before. Maybe it was the aliens that took all the fruit trees that were growing on this planet 20,000 years ago.

PrimalFish is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Wait! Don't go! I think we were just starting to hone in on an answer to your question. This whole alien angle was something that I hadn't considered before. Maybe it was the aliens that took all the fruit trees that were growing on this planet 20,000 years ago.
    ok, I'm still here....lol, yeah maybe!

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I can't find any on drugstore.com
    Pssst... ::looks around carefully:: I have some... It's gonna cost you though, DEA's been up the flying saucers' asses lately, shipments have slowed to a crawl.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast