Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we really supposed to eat animals? Fruit seems a more natural choice page 11

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    for the love of the gods.... not the innocent, defenseless green leafy veg! How cruel you are! lol
    Well, Clarice, has the kale stopped screaming?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Well, Clarice, has the kale stopped screaming?
    it only stops after I cut it off the stalk.......

PrimalFish is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Just so you know, yesterday I ate a whole fish and six eggs, for a total of seven (possible, unfertilized I know) animals dead. Today I'll eat at least 9 sardines. So 16 dead just in the past day and a half, all for you, PrimalFish.
    That's it, for the whole day, following primal? I'm a big guy and I've eaten more animals in my lifetime then you could probably eat in 3. I really don't care how many animals you eat. I can only be responsible for my own thoughts and level of awareness. Also, If I start falling apart and think eating animals is the answer I will eat them again, no problem. I posted to this forum to get an answer on a question about the origins of man. Where did man originate? Where did Grok live? I figured man originated in the tropics (or at least not some cold place) and where fruit could grow all year round. As man grew in numbers and spread the seeds of fruit around, the fruit grew even more and was ample. Somehow we moved away from the equator. How did that happen? When did that happen? I didn't want to post this on a vegan forum where people would jump over each other to applaud my thinking and agree with me. I want someone to get an answer on this.

Have you ever tried a vegan lifestyle to know it's unhealthy? There is just as much convincing information out there that veganism is healthy. There are plenty of people out there who are longtime vegans in great health. There are also plenty of people who went vegan and they sware that it destroyed their health. Also every vegan diet is different. Were these people eating enough calories? Too much fat? I don't know, and want to find out the truth for myself, so I'm trying it. I feel much better so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    So by your own admission the "plant based diet that provides all the essential nutrients we need to thrive" needs to be supplemented from non-plant sources. Therefore a plant based diet does not provide all the essential nutrients we need to thrive. QED.

I feel ok supplementing b-12 because we would have gotten this from eating bacteria in dirt, but since the dirt is not the same anymore and we don't eat it, we have to supplement. The b-12 I take is vegan.
    Last edited by PrimalFish; 07-10-2013 at 08:12 AM.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalFish View Post
    That's it, for the whole day, following primal? I'm a big guy and I've eaten more animals in my lifetime then you could probably eat in 3. I really don't care how any animals you eat. I'm can only be responsible for my own thoughts and level of awareness. Also, If I start falling apart and think eating animals is the answer I will eat them again, no problem. I posted to this forum to get an answer on a question about the origins of man. I figured man lived in the tropics and there was fruit. As man grew in numbers and spread the seeds of fruit around, the fruit grew even more. I didn't want to post this on a vegan forum where people would just jump over each other to applaud my thinking and agree with me. I want someone to show me how this logic is wrong.
    Just because of this post, I'm eating a deep-fried koala bear.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    The fact that paleolithic humans were mentally capable of moralizing does not mean they ever saw killing and eating animals as a moral dilemma. That is a modernist concept.
    The idea of consuming without any reverence for that which is consumed is pretty modern, too. Vegans want to think it is more moral to eat plants but what it really is is less guilt-ridden for them, more inline with modern ideas of consumption being unlimited and free of guilt, while what they consume is actually destroying entire ecosystems and killing more creatures incidentally or purposefully than were they to eat meat. But at least they don't have to think about it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I think I have a panda in the back of my freezer, if you want to start heating the oil?

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    I think I have a panda in the back of my freezer, if you want to start heating the oil?
    On it. You bringing flamingo noodle soup?

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Have you ever tried a vegan diet? No and I don't want to. I won't do strict paleo either because I love cheese and I don't see any reason to give it up.

That said, there are periods of time, often during the summer, when I eat mostly vegetarian for a week or so but there always comes a point when my body starts telling me to eat meat right now and I listen.

PrimalFish is offline Junior Member
    Make sure it's a baby bear and get the monkey and parrot too.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    On it. You bringing flamingo noodle soup?
    mrs rug and I finished the flamingo last week. I was thinking of some grilling up some zebra ka-bobs and maybe doing a bald eagle curry?

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast