Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we really supposed to eat animals? Fruit seems a more natural choice page 10

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    The fact that paleolithic humans were mentally capable of moralizing does not mean they ever saw killing and eating animals as a moral dilemma. That is a modernist concept. The eternal circle of existence would be more likely. Things exist to eat other things, or to be eaten.
    And my reading of the anthropological literature suggests that our ancestors were reverent to a significant degree about the source of their food.
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    We are what we are. Reinvention of ourselves as something outside what is understood to be the natural order of things (or redefining the natural order of things) is a new concept.
    Well said. The very concept of "nature" would be entirely foreign to these people, since we define it as the "environment" or the "world out there." They just saw the world as "the world," the place they inhabited and took part in, not some concept of "the rest of the world" from which we were specifically excluded.

And they took their place. They recognized that things had to die so they would live, and then things would live off them after they died. And it was sacred. If we saw the world this way, there wouldn't be factories and we wouldn't pump the earth dry of fossil fuels to fund corporate profits via commodifiable "totalitarian" agricultural practices.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MouthDR View Post
    Who would eat fruit when they can eat meat?

I reckon that the meat eaters would eventually slap the s*** out of the fruit eaters and take over the genome. And here we are
    Looking at it through the context of evolution, fruit was probably the only thing on Earth that tasted good. Meat is absolutely delicious...because we can rub it with salt and pepper, sear it in butter and rub it down in some garlic or chili powder or something. Meat with absolutely no seasoning at all is pretty darn boring. It at least needs some salt. Since ancient man didn't have access to any of these things, fruit was probably preferred. At least I'd rather eat mangoes than raw or steamed squirrel.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

iconoclast79 is offline Senior Member
    Blood is salty. No wonder ketchup is so popular!

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Looking at it through the context of evolution, fruit was probably the only thing on Earth that tasted good. Meat is absolutely delicious...because we can rub it with salt and pepper, sear it in butter and rub it down in some garlic or chili powder or something. Meat with absolutely no seasoning at all is pretty darn boring. It at least needs some salt. Since ancient man didn't have access to any of these things, fruit was probably preferred. At least I'd rather eat mangoes than raw or steamed squirrel.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    ehhhh seared fat is pretty tasty all by itself..... eating was an act of survival so "flavor" wouldn't really be a consideration. Give a starving man a crap sandwich and they gobble it down. Pleasure was an option not the goal of eating that it is today.

Liam is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalFish View Post
    1-B-12. I only take this one supplement because I'm not eating that good organic dirt.
    So by your own admission the "plant based diet that provides all the essential nutrients we need to thrive" needs to be supplemented from non-plant sources. Therefore a plant based diet does not provide all the essential nutrients we need to thrive. QED.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    ehhhh seared fat is pretty tasty all by itself..... eating was an act of survival so "flavor" wouldn't really be a consideration. Give a starving man a crap sandwich and they gobble it down. Pleasure was an option not the goal of eating that it is today.
    also, their tastebuds were far more sensitive than ours BECAUSE they didn't have spices at hand, i reckon

i see much personal opinion tossed about factually when the fact is different people in different sections of the world ate different things back then. they had to learn through trial and error what was and was not poison.

when times were tough, they ate each other. i feel as though i cannot stress this enough when someone comes along with star struck eyes about ancient, fruitarian man. they ate everything they could find. including each other.

look at untouched jungles and savannahs, look at the behavior of the animals, look at what they eat and how they treat each other. ancient man was right in the middle of it all.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Just so you know, yesterday I ate a whole fish and six eggs, for a total of seven (possible, unfertilized I know) animals dead. Today I'll eat at least 9 sardines. So 16 dead just in the past day and a half, all for you, PrimalFish.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Just so you know, yesterday I ate a whole fish and six eggs, for a total of seven (possible, unfertilized I know) animals dead. Today I'll eat at least 9 sardines. So 16 dead just in the past day and a half, all for you, PrimalFish.
    lol... grok on

fuzzynavel is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Lol...12 eggs, Pork Loin (Frozen in May), Pork belly (bought yesterday) and some steak...

I make that potentially 2 pigs, a cow and 12 chickens that died (did not make it to life) so that I could eat yesterday...not to mention the poor coconut that provided the oil and the green leafy veg.

Another 12 eggs today possibly depending on my mood!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzynavel View Post
    Lol...12 eggs, Pork Loin (Frozen in May), Pork belly (bought yesterday) and some steak...

I make that potentially 2 pigs, a cow and 12 chickens that died (did not make it to life) so that I could eat yesterday...not to mention the poor coconut that provided the oil and the green leafy veg.

Another 12 eggs today possibly depending on my mood!
    for the love of the gods.... not the innocent, defenseless green leafy veg! How cruel you are! lol

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast